Did anyone see a surprise in their first paychecks for the new year?

AdrianPOA

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Social Security Tax "was" 4.2% taken out of your paycheck in 2011 and 2012, now is 6.2% or a 2% increase from your pay.

Just got a 3% Raise last week, now is really only a 1% raise having to take a 2% greater deduction for SS Tax mad.gif

Your employer also has to pay 2% higher to SS on your behalf, as the total SS tax paid is 50% by you and 50% employer paid (as it always has been) (12.4% TL now.)

3491.jpg

• Members

Social Security Tax "was" 4.2% taken out of your paycheck in 2011 and 2012, now is 6.2% or a 2% increase from your pay.

Just got a 3% Raise last week, now is really only a 1% raise having to take a 2% greater deduction for SS Tax mad.gif

Your employer also has to pay 2% higher to SS on your behalf, as the total SS tax paid is 50% by you and 50% employer paid (as it always has been) (12.4% TL now.)

3491.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

Bro, hook a working stiff up with some almonds.

I tried that this year, but they don't get husked until they get to the packing house. They're a pain in the ass inside their shell. Not even worth the effort to crack em open. redface.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

Bro, hook a working stiff up with some almonds.

I tried that this year, but they don't get husked until they get to the packing house. They're a pain in the ass inside their shell. Not even worth the effort to crack em open. redface.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

Dang, I can't catch a break.

Man, I got shelled on avocados earlier. Buck twenty five a piece and they weren't even that big.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

Dang, I can't catch a break.

Man, I got shelled on avocados earlier. Buck twenty five a piece and they weren't even that big.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell

View Post

The more you have the more you want. being happy with what I have is my goal.

Taxes are what they are. other countries pay more than us.

Only in personal. Our corp taxes are I think either the highest or second highest in the world.

Archived