Asking for some help here gang.

daklander

• Members

We could use prayers and good vibes pointed Tennesse way. My brother was recently diagnosed with leukemia. After a month of no energy and some dizziness he went in. Turns out it's AML-M6 (the technical name for this type is Acute Erythroblastic Leukemia). He started the knock down chemo cycle today. That cycle is very similar to the procedure I underwent as a precursor to a stem cell transplant for Multiple Myeloma. Things are grim but not dire at this point. He's in hospital in Maryville TN with the Oncology dept at Vanderbilt overseeing things so it looks like he has great care working for him. The next week to ten days are critical in the overall and ultimate outcome. He really didn't need this, losing a kidney to cancer several years ago, and the treatments being really rough on kidney function, is making this a tougher go that it should be, and that's a tough enough row to hoe.

Please send your prayers and best wishes to Wayne and his wife Mary.

Thanks,

• Members

wishing him well and best of luck to him, my prayers and thought are with him and all that love him for a full rcovery.

I have know many folks that have had cancer and most were younger and made a full rcovery. You take it one day at at a time.

• Members

Give Wayne and Mary our best Dak. Any acute leukemia is bad news I know. CLL runs rampant in my family for some reason. The oncologists all say if you're gonna have cancer that's the one you want but it's just no darned fun being any kind of a cancer patient as you know. Wayne and Mary are added to my prayer list.

Dan

• Members

I will pray for Wayne and Mary. Sorry to hear the news.

My sister called me a few weeks ago telling me she had thyroid cancer. They removed her thyriod, but don't know yet what the further prognosis is. I think I'm still in shock over it; I haven't really had any feelings yet - just kind of numb when I think about it. My sister has a husband, three sons in college, and a three year old grand daughter. Her name is Nancy.

Scott O

Archived