WHAT IS YOUR DAY JOB?

austikins

• Members

im just curious what everybody does for a living apart from music. i work for an airline loading bags, de-icing planes, marshaling planes in, ect. it suck in the winter, but the benefits are pretty good. what does everybody else do?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I spend most of my time on mountain tops working on TV transmitters. Great job in the summer. I get to see the countryside, wildlife, even take my guitar with me sometimes. Like your job, it sucks in the winter. I have a 4 wheel drive truck, and I sometimes need a winch and chains just to get myself out of messes on bad roads.

• Members

I manage a self-storage facility. An independently owned one (of six) which makes things much nicer as opposed to working for one of those national chains. One of my guitars comes with me to work most every day (which is why I bought the Vox) and I'm usually outta here by noon on Fridays. I let my asst mgr take it from there until Monday morning. I usually get more practice time in at work than when I'm at home. A nice change after working in manufacturing for 16 years.

• Members

I'm an E-merchant, whatever that is. I know what it is. I operate E-commerce websites to sell stuff on the internet. Been doing it for the past 10 years. Before that I had a computer systems integration business. My job is about the same summer and winter.

• Members

Own and operate a welding supply

sell it all, but specialize in wholesale helium and balloons to party stores card shops etc sell in Pa, MD, Va, and DC (And as a subnote it is really really sow right now, seen it slowing up for the last 8/10 months)

• Members

I am an author and publisher, professional photographer, motivational speaker, and own half of a greeting card company. When I taught fly fishing for a living, my uncle, the Philadelphia banker, used to refer to me as the gigolo. I am in the process of becoming a "Town Crier" (historically, town criers were appointed by Kings, governors, or municipalities to tell people the news of the realm). Basically, I am a big history buff and my family was really involved with the Revolutionary War and the "colonies".

• Members

Technical adviser (Agent technique in French)

I prepare the jobs for people who must access the underground structures (manholes) of the city. I make sure the electrical cables are in good condition, there are no restrictions, a thermography has been made for each structure before someone enters in it and the most important thing: each cable is protected by the electricity company which means that if the current fails in one cable, it is not going to try to auto-re-establish like it does normally.

The medium tension in those manholes is either 12KV or 24KV!

• Members

I'm a semi-retired temp and self-employed graphic/web designer. I hung it all up to become a stay at home dad (SAHD). Now I have two boys (16 months and 4 years old) who are my charge for at least 12 hours out of the day. I tried to be a work at home dad (WAHD) but gave it up when my clients stopped paying me and my first son started showing developmental delays. He now has about 30 hours of behavioral/developmental/speech/occupational therapy a week (with more pending) and is on the gluten free diet, so I don't have time to cater clients' every whims and harass them to honor their agreements anymore.

I'm thinking about taking on a part time job largely to just get out of the house. I'd love to either land a coffee house solo gig or give lessons but it will take some work to get there.

• Members

Millwright.

Some folks think millwrights work in mills making wood furniture. I'm the type of millwright that works with machinery and steel.

I work in the automotive industry.

We rig, move, install, repair and maintain industrial machinery.

We also do steel fabrication and construction.

Archived