This is Whalebots wife with a plea for help

Whalebot

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't thank everyone enough for your kindness. You made my wife cry...the internet made my wife cry!!! I'll be talking with Queeq tomorrow at open mic.

Well you got a forum of friends hanging around twiddling thumbs - so keep us in the loop brother.

• Members
I can't thank everyone enough for your kindness. You made my wife cry...the internet made my wife cry!!! I'll be talking with Queeq tomorrow at open mic.

Man, that's nothing. Let me play my guitar for your wife---I can make her cry, too. :lol:

Bill

• Members
I'm laid off as well, but let me know if it's a stretch for you Randy and I'll scrape up a couple, as will others.

No stretch at all. Last few years, I have been insane with guitar purchases, buyer's remorse and losses when later selling on eBay. I have several guitars I could part with and would likely sell somewhere down the road (it's not like I'm offering up one of my keepers--which also tend to be more expensive guitars--but not all). I have curbed my GAS a bit and will continue to do so, as fortunate as I have been financially, the economic future in Michigan is pretty bleak for pretty much every one.

I'm gonna force a guitar on Whale, one way or the other. As I told him on the phone, I spent a lot of years being a selfish ass, and this is me working a Karma debt, as much as it is for him. An older and less interesting version of "My Name is Earl"?

In any event, I appreciate the offer. It is always refreshing to see the comradery that erupts around here when someone runs through a rough patch. :thu:

• Members
No stretch at all. Last few years, I have been insane with guitar purchases, buyer's remorse and losses when later selling on eBay. I have several guitars I could part with and would likely sell somewhere down the road (it's not like I'm offering up one of my keepers--which also tend to be more expensive guitars--but not all). I have curbed my GAS a bit and continue do so, as fortunate as I have been financially, the economic future in Michigan is pretty bleak for pretty much every one.

I'm gonna force a guitar on Whale, one way or the other. As I told him on the phone, I spent a lot of years being a selfish ass, and this is me working a Karma debt, as much as it is for him. An older and less interesting version of "My Name is Earl"?

In any event, I appreciate the offer. It is always refreshing to see the comradery that erupts around here when someone runs through a rough patch.
:thu:

Hugs to ya Randy. You one of the guys in the white hat.

• Members
Bill, I told you how to circumvent that. :poke:

Just trying to bring a little levity to a not-so-happy situation. Besides, Sammye, I'm not so sure that's a good idea on someone else's wife. ;)

Bill

Edit: Just to clarify the situation, in another thread Sammye suggested I play and sing a love song to my wife. :love: At least I think that's what Sammye is referring to.

• Members
Goodness, Sammye, I can't edit a post before you've responded. Go pour a cup of coffee.
;)

Aye, she's a quick one, that Sami...

Just got home to find this 6-pager...holy El Kabong! Reminds me of the time my ex-wife (not ex yet at the time) knocked over my 'bird and broke off the headstock.

Happy ending though...the repair held.

And of course I'm in for the repair or the new guit or whatever it is we do. You folks are such a great support group! Thanks Sami for being treasurer.

And W'bot, just say the word. BTW, what a sweet woman you're married to...

• Members

Aye, she's a quick one, that Sami...

Just got home to find this 6-pager...holy El Kabong! Reminds me of the time my ex-wife (not ex yet at the time) knocked over my 'bird and broke off the headstock.

Happy ending though...the repair held.

And of course I'm in for the repair or the new guit or whatever it is we do. You folks are such a great support group! Thanks Sami for being treasurer.

And W'bot, just say the word. BTW, what a sweet woman you're married to...

MM, you're one in a million. You best go hug your wife now, too.

All you bastards better do that - let those girls know they're loved and cherished.

• Members
That picture just gave new definition to the word "crack."
That really sucks, man...sorry to hear about that. If this doesn't get sorted out otherwise, I'd be willing to chip in some money too.

Don't it though?

Well, whatever course of action we decide let me know cuz, I'm in. :thu:

• Members

Hi everyone, please be patient with me because I'm unfamiliar with forums. This is Brett's wife Shannon and although I have snuck in under his name I'm fully aware that he will discover this post and be embarrassed. I will admit that I have not been the most patient and understanding wife when it comes to what I understand is called GAS, although I've tried. But over the passed 2 years Brett has finally gotten control over his need to buy and sell. I've been very proud of him and the fantastic music that he creates. But the worst possible thing at the worst possible time has happened and I don't know where to turn to help him. Brett was laid off in November like so many others and with 2 kids it's been rough but he at least had an outlet in his music. Today he opened his guitar case and discovered that the sidewall is completely cracked and splintered. I have to trust when he says it is not repairable (I know nothing about guitars). So now here we are with no way of replacing his guitar. If anyone can help me find a way to help him please e-mail me (I'm sure he will be changing his password once he sees this to something I won't be able to figure out so easily). I want to thank everyone for the friendship and support you have given him over the years.

Thanks,

Shannon

GAS con #12:

"Honey, my guitar is broke. The side is busted and it can't be fixed. I need a new Goodall."

Don't buy it, Shannon, it's a con job. VIrtually any guitar with a side crack or two can be repaired, and repaired cheaply.

On the other hand, Goodalls are very nice guitars. If you get one for you honey, I guarantee that he will promise to lose the GAS.

Archived