This is Whalebots wife with a plea for help

Whalebot

• Members

Hi everyone, please be patient with me because I'm unfamiliar with forums. This is Brett's wife Shannon and although I have snuck in under his name I'm fully aware that he will discover this post and be embarrassed. I will admit that I have not been the most patient and understanding wife when it comes to what I understand is called GAS, although I've tried. But over the passed 2 years Brett has finally gotten control over his need to buy and sell. I've been very proud of him and the fantastic music that he creates. But the worst possible thing at the worst possible time has happened and I don't know where to turn to help him. Brett was laid off in November like so many others and with 2 kids it's been rough but he at least had an outlet in his music. Today he opened his guitar case and discovered that the sidewall is completely cracked and splintered. I have to trust when he says it is not repairable (I know nothing about guitars). So now here we are with no way of replacing his guitar. If anyone can help me find a way to help him please e-mail me (I'm sure he will be changing his password once he sees this to something I won't be able to figure out so easily). I want to thank everyone for the friendship and support you have given him over the years.

Thanks,

Shannon

shannonmobey24@gmail.com

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now that that's outta the way...

"Help him"? A good luthier can fix a cracked side without a lot of trouble. Tell Whale to get a doggone humidifier so it does'nt happen again.

Well, if the guy is laid off and bucks are super tight, who's gonna pay the luthier, Santa Clause?

• Members

Darn meddling wife. JK She is the best. And I will be changing my password dammit. I think that this started when I banged the head stock on my desk, but it wasn't that hard of a knock and it wasn't cracked when I put it in the case.. And I keep the guy humidified, I'm a fanatic, you can see the soundhole humidifier on the floor in this pic. The thing fell over while I was examining it and the back of the guitar is now seperated at the heel of the neck. Fantastic. I won't delete the thread, it's a nice gruesome pic that some people might like to see. :martin1.jpg

• Members

I'm in.

HOWEVER, I may be able to handle this one solo. I have at least a couple guitars (not {censored}boxes) I could part with for such a worthy cause and am geographically situated to do so easily. My wife would be joyous to have more room, so I can make points there.

Shannon--I'm gonna email you.

• Members

I'm in.

HOWEVER, I may be able to handle this one solo. I have at least a couple guitars (not {censored}boxes) I could part with for such a worthy cause and am geographically situated to do so easily. My wife would be joyous to have more room, so I can make points there.

Shannon--I'm gonna email you.

Hugs to you, Randy. I was just sitting here trying to figure out how to get a caper started. :)

• Members

Damn. Get a couple price quotes on the repair. If the cost of the repair is more than the cost of shipping it to Victoria, British Columbia, ship it to me and I will fix it for free.

Hugs to you too, Dylan. So nice to know there's folks here who can help more than I can and are willing to do so.

• Members

My question is "what kind of guitar is it?" It looks to be all 'hog but who made it? Could something like that really be caused by lack of humidity? Good luck on getting it repaired or replaced and go give your wife a BIG hug for even posting this here. She is truly a saint.

• Members

Feck!

That is so terrible! Jaysus Whale but it looks like Ahab caught up with you.

So, so sorry.

I can hear the sound of white Chargers being saddled in the cyber stables by folks in white hats. I shall be watching carefully for signs of furrin irregulars being sworn in to the posse and will help as needed.

If you ever develop into anything as close to a class act as your wife is, boy, are you gonna be famous...

• Members

My question is "what kind of guitar is it?" It looks to be all 'hog but who made it? Could something like that really be caused by lack of humidity? Good luck on getting it repaired or replaced and go give your wife a BIG hug for even posting this here. She is truly a saint.

Looks to be a 15 series Martin. Can't tell the body style from that angle.

-A

Archived