This is Whalebots wife with a plea for help

Whalebot

• Members

Hey 'bot and everyone else on the forum. I read the first page of this when it first started, then nothing until now. Frankly I haven't read pages 2 thru 7 and I'm not going to 'cause there seems to be some weirdness in there. But..

.... get the guitar to me and I'll do my damnest to fix it - no promises but I'll do what I can. Hell, it would give me an excuse to get together with Bjorn and we'll fix it together. Or if a caper goes down to get it fixed, count me in.

PM me, e-mail me, start another thread, whatever it takes - lets fix that puppy and make everyone happy for Christmas.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So is Hudman (and a bunch of others around here).

I had this friend once who was a good person. He was walking in Central Park one day and he decided to buy some nuts from one of those guys who sell nuts in the park. So he does, and he's walking around with his nuts, and he gets jumped by a {censored}load of squirrels and they eat him. And the nuts. I'm not saying the squirrel attack was necessarily related at all to the fact that my friend was a good person. I think the point I'm trying to make here, really, is that sure, squirrels seem real cute and furry and all, but you just do not walk around flaunting your nuts in the park (unless the park is in the west village [not that there's anything wrong with that]).

• Members

So is Hudman (and a bunch of others around here).

+1,000,000

I'd also like to know where to send any funds as well as what the caper would be. Not that it'd be a secret, but Whalebot has helped a few of us out and it's only fitting that it comes back to him.

• Members

+1,000,000

I'd also like to know where to send any funds as well as what the caper would be. Not that it'd be a secret, but Whalebot has helped a few of us out and it's only fitting that it comes back to him.

Lets see wait until the fine folks at Elderly inspect Whale's busted guitar before making our move.

I have a suggestion that will work if his guitar is repairable or not.

PM me and I will run it by you.

• Members

I'm on vacation but I have not abandoned this thread or this caper.

I volunteered to coordinate the donations and that still stands.

I've just been kicking back waiting to hear from Queequeg and Whale, as per their earlier instructions.

Once something gets firmed up, let me know and I'll do what I said I'd do.

• Members

Okay, people....

I just posted to Whale's other thread and told him to please bring us all up to speed.

Hud, if you want to coordinate, that's great, but my offer still stands if you're too busy.

I think my vacation just got cut short...LOL

• Members

I knew you couldn't stay away.This place is like crack.Even if your not posting i know your lurking
:)

I was chatting online with a member and he filled me in on the fact that things still seem to be up in the air. I volunteered and I won't reneg on that, no matter how busy I am.

Otherwise, my focus right now is on completing 2 collabs and what's now turning into an album project. The time I would spend either lurking or posting is being spent on these projects instead.

• Members

I'll just throw this up here too, I'm going to elderly on Friday morning and will see if it is a warranty job. If not I'll get an estimate. I live about an hour away so I'll have to make a judgement call on the repair costs. I'll keep everyone up to speed. Sammi, I'll PM ya.

• Members

Otherwise, my focus right now is on completing 2 collabs and what's now turning into an album project. The time I would spend either lurking or posting is being spent on these projects instead.

Good on you Sami. The way music gets done is when you nose-to-the-grindstone it. If you dabble day by day in your spare moments, months go by with nothing much accomplished. But with a relentless focus, amazing leaps and bounds in no time at all.

I (we) eagerly await the products of your creative surge. Nevertheless, I still formally request your majesty's presence at the Dec. VOM, should it fit your schedule. :) And if not, that's totally cool. :cool:

• Members

Good on you Sami. The way music gets done is when you nose-to-the-grindstone it. If you dabble day by day in your spare moments, months go by with nothing much accomplished. But with a relentless focus, amazing leaps and bounds in no time at all.

I (we) eagerly await the products of your creative surge.
Nevertheless, I still formally request your majesty's presence at the Dec. VOM,
should it fit your schedule.
:)
And if not, that's totally cool.
:cool:

Erm.....when did I get elected Queen? ;)

Who am I to deny such a graciously expressed request? :)

• Members

This is what happens when you leave the room for a few minutes...
;)

Well, dang...

Leave the room for a few minutes and miss my own coronation. Hope y'all drank lots of champagne in my absence. ;)

Guess that means I can't put "Queen of AG" in my sig, eh? :poke:

• Members

I'll just throw this up here too, I'm going to elderly on Friday morning and will see if it is a warranty job. If not I'll get an estimate. I live about an hour away so I'll have to make a judgement call on the repair costs. I'll keep everyone up to speed. Sammi, I'll PM ya.

Well, here I am trying to get something done and miss all the fun. That looks like heck Whale. I think a little smack on the headstock should not have done that much damage. I think Martin ought to cover this. Really now. Send their PR department a picture and explanation. Tell them you are a founding member of a 4000 member forum. If they don't cover it I'm off Martins forever. I'm a man of my word. The paint fell off my '85 Ford and they wouldn't cover it. I won't own a Ford if they are the last car left on earth. Prefer not to ride in them either.

Larri OM-50-MT? Is that a 12 fret neck? Can't recall.

I'm in anyway. Whatever the caper. Ain't life grand?

Archived