This is Whalebots wife with a plea for help

Whalebot

• Members

GAS con #12:

"Honey, my guitar is broke. The side is busted and it can't be fixed. I need a new Goodall."

Don't buy it, Shannon, it's a con job. VIrtually any guitar with a side crack or two can be repaired, and repaired cheaply.

On the other hand, Goodalls are very nice guitars. If you get one for you honey, I guarantee that he will promise to lose the GAS.

It would be nice to get him a new Goodall. We love our Whale.

You, OTH, sound like a prick and I've had enough of pricks for one lifetime.

Pitch in or F*** OFF. Your choice, dickhead.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I realize this may be incomprehensible, but some husbands and wives talk about stuff.

If you're just trying to be humorous, use some emoticons because I'm too dense to pick it up.

Bill

husbands and wives communicating? you mean communicating through a therapist, right? ah therapy, just another method (like fine jewelry) to get the wife off your back for a while. :thu:

• Members

Your wife is as dense as you are, eh? Or maybe I'm just basing that on your prior comment? :poke:

Yes, humor intended...................................

..........................just in case.

no wife for me, unfortunately. however, the dishes have been piling up in the sink lately, so i am seriously considering taking one. fill out an appplication if interested. :thu:

• Members

To the OP:
Brett, I used to marvel at GAS your attacks and wonder how you stayed married. Now I see: your wife is a very compassionate soul and you're blessed to have her. Sorry to hear that that Martie has met with some misfortune but I'd warrant that it's just added insult to injury because of your current employment misfortunes. As you can see, there are lots of folks here who are willing to help you out with your guitar woes.

BTW, been listening to your stuff on the Annex again in tribute. You got some real songwriting talent. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at those open mics you and Mark go to. Any chance of putting it toward profit?

To everyone else:
So what happened? Is it getting fixed? Is he receiving a replacement? Is he getting funds to acquire his own? PM me with the details. As long as it doesn't involve Paypal I'm sure I could add something to the kitty.

• Members

GAS con #12:

"Honey, my guitar is broke. The side is busted and it can't be fixed. I need a new Goodall."

Don't buy it, Shannon, it's a con job. VIrtually any guitar with a side crack or two can be repaired, and repaired cheaply.

On the other hand, Goodalls are very nice guitars. If you get one for you honey, I guarantee that he will promise to lose the GAS.

finally someone with some brains chimes in.

• Members

Spoken like a true unmarried man.

My wife knows what GAS is. She has been exposed to my GAS attacks for 14+ years.

haha, what i meant is that most wives don't know the term GAS, as it is the commonly musician/photographer lingo. but right you are, they sure as hell are familiar with the effect of GAS on the bank account. :facepalm:

• Members
haha, what i meant is that most wives don't know the term GAS, as it is the commonly musician/photographer lingo. but right you are, they sure as hell are familiar with the effect of GAS on the bank account.
:facepalm:

That's what keeps assholes like you in line.

• Members

This is just another example of the greatness of this forum, It is so nice to see how you guys buy guitars for each other and how you are going to help this guy out, what a crack, Expensive instruments are sometimes a bit fragile to get that sweet vibration, thin wood is harder to come by, and there is no thick poly fiinish to protect it. I think Martin should pay for this, hope you at least take it to the dealer where you got it and tell them about it. I had a friend with a 70s D35 who had a free neck reset from them.
I am going to pray that this works out the way that God would get the glory and , it does show how adversity brings folk together!!!
JIm

:facepalm:

• Members

That's what you get for talking down on women when there's a lady present, bud.
:cop:

she is used to being worshiped by men around here, is my guess. one joking comment can set her off and release the fire. not to worry folks, I have conquered scarier dragons in the past.

• Members

she is used to being worshiped by men around here, is my guess. one joking comment can set her off and release the fire. not to worry folks, I have conquered scarier dragons in the past.

F*** you and the horse you rode in on.

Baby, I ride dragons for kicks, then turn 'em upside down and skin 'em for boot material. Little weeweesucker pissant like you doesn't stand a chance.

• Members

{censored} you and the horse you rode in on and everybody else too

oh come on, i was just joking around a bit, this has gotten out of control. i apologize for the stupid remarks, it was not my intention to turn the conversation into a swearing contest.

and take that broken guitar to a tech, as others have mentioned it looks repairable. it might be cheaper than getting a new guitar.

• Members

Hmmmmmmmmm, well the donation idea is a nice one, BUT - How can Martin not cover that under warranty!?!?!? You dinged the headstock and the whole body of the guitar falls apart? What the hell is that?

As a new owner of a D-15, those photos are rather disturbing to me as well, and if my guitar just randomly starting cracking up like that one day, I would FULLY expect Martin to fix or replace it. If they didn't, that would be the last Martin I ever bought, and I'd probably discourage everyone else from buying one too.

(Unless I missed something and he dropped a hammer on it?) :confused:

• Members
You wanna swearing contest, I'll scorch your sideburns off, you two-bit, half-nutted, weenie-less ass-suckin' little half-baked cocksucker.

Yes, the git is repairable, but this thread is about a whole lot more than that, in case you haven't figured that out, you stupid, brainless m-f***ing, cocksucking dickhead. It's about a acoustic guitarist in trouble and you make light of it. {censored} the $$, it's not about the money, you denser-than-{censored}in'-dried-up-turd. It's about a FRIEND, just in case you don't have any, asshole.

Gawd, I'm soooooooooo sick of some of the lowilife, idiot ball-less peeps that show up here !!!!!

telling the guy that the thing is repairable and to have a tech look at it is NOT making light of the situation as you say. funny how i said it was not my intention to have a swearing contest after your first flurry of "{censored} yous", and now this. refill the meds ASAP, your embarrassing yourself. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Members
telling the guy that the thing is repairable and to have a tech look at it is NOT making light of the situation as you say. funny how i said it was not my intention to have a swearing contest after your first flurry of "{censored} yous", and now this. refill the meds ASAP, your embarrassing yourself.

Oh.....I don't need meds, refillls or otherwise. I can cuss just fine without 'em, thank you very much. :D

• Members

Wow----- All I can say is -----------Wow

Count me in on the 'Help the Musician' thingy.

I feel the pain!

I have a Maton EM100ce that is in worst shape than that. I have it in the disassembled stage right now. It will be reconstructed hopefully this spring after the next semester at University. Ah yes the Lazarus Project as I call it.

Again Count me in on a helping hand............

PS:
Dude and I mean DUDE I do not worship Ole' Sammilyn, Although I have met her and Played guitar with her on many a night at the Coffee Houses...
Dude, that woman is from Kajun Kountry, You ought to see her wrestle with an Alligator. all I can say is, YOU really don't want to get in a pissing match with her at all.

Besides she has the ways and means to track you down. I also know what she does for a living and the people she works with.

• Members
Hmmmmmmmmm, well the donation idea is a nice one,
BUT - How can Martin not cover that under warranty!?!?!?
You dinged the headstock and the whole body of the guitar falls apart? What the hell is that?

As a new owner of a D-15, those photos are rather disturbing to me as well, and if my guitar just randomly starting cracking up like that one day, I would FULLY expect Martin to fix or replace it. If they didn't, that would be the last Martin I ever bought, and I'd probably discourage everyone else from buying one too.

(Unless I missed something and he dropped a hammer on it?)
:confused:

It's a good point. I think mahogany can be quite brittle as a tonewood. this guitar certainly looks like a quality control issue for Martin, unfortunatley for Whale though, it looks so serious, it's hard to believe it's only taken a light knock.

I've been looking at hog guitars (after seeing Colin Meloy play one live and what a great sound it made) ... After seeing that pic (Ouch! :facepalm:) now I'm not too sure.

Good look with getting it sorted Whale. Nice to see so many people on here willing to help out a fellow HCAG member.

Archived