This is Whalebots wife with a plea for help

Whalebot

• Members
As a radio controlled airplane builder/flyer I have resurrected similar, and usually much worse, gravity induced damage. Beat it to fit, paint it to match.

:thu: My dad similarly took many a Lazarus control-line plane and brought it back from the dead when I was a kid...

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
whoa, buddy, get your own wife.:poke:

My point was that my playing is so poor that Whale's wife would cry were she forced to listen to it. :)

Into our fourth decade of marriage, my wife puts up with my year and a few months' venture into learning how to play the guitar. :cool:

And I'm glad to know that your earlier posts were given in jest.

Bill

• Members
It was a solid bang on the headstock against my desk, but I didn't see any cracks until I got it out of the case the next day. Weird. I hope that it is indeed repairable, I know that Elderly up in Lansing can work miracles.

When can you get it to them? If they can repair it, get an estimate and let one of us know so the funds can be coordinated. We want to see it repaired or replaced---the same you'd do for any of the rest of us. It just happens to be our turn to help out. :thu:

Best,
Bill

• Members
You wanna swearing contest, I'll scorch your sideburns off, you two-bit, half-nutted, weenie-less ass-suckin' little half-baked cocksucker.

Yes, the git is repairable, but this thread is about a whole lot more than that, in case you haven't figured that out, you stupid, brainless m-f***ing, cocksucking dickhead. It's about a acoustic guitarist in trouble and you make light of it. {censored} the $$, it's not about the money, you denser-than-{censored}in'-dried-up-turd. It's about a FRIEND, just in case you don't have any, asshole.

I hope every time supposedly "joke" that the fleas of 12,000 camels infest your crotch and spread to your bed to suck your blood for endless days.

And, being as I'm quite a proficient Witch, I think I'll cast a nifty little HEX just to make sure that happens!!!!!!

Gawd, I'm soooooooooo sick of some of the lowilife, idiot ball-less peeps that show up here !!!!!

Sammye---My wife wants to know how you got a copy of her wedding vows. ;) Thanks for bringing back those special memories.

BTW, the fleas of only a couple hundred camels will do the trick!

• Members

You wanna swearing contest, I'll scorch your sideburns off, you two-bit, half-nutted, weenie-less ass-suckin' little half-baked cocksucker.

Yes, the git is repairable, but this thread is about a whole lot more than that, in case you haven't figured that out, you stupid, brainless m-f***ing, cocksucking dickhead. It's about a acoustic guitarist in trouble and you make light of it. {censored} the $$, it's not about the money, you denser-than-{censored}in'-dried-up-turd. It's about a FRIEND, just in case you don't have any, asshole.

I hope every time supposedly "joke" that the fleas of 12,000 camels infest your crotch and spread to your bed to suck your blood for endless days.

And, being as I'm quite a proficient Witch, I think I'll cast a nifty little HEX just to make sure that happens!!!!!!

Gawd, I'm soooooooooo sick of some of the lowilife, idiot ball-less peeps that show up here !!!!!

do you watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch on Nickelodeon?

• Members

It was a solid bang on the headstock against my desk, but I didn't see any cracks until I got it out of the case the next day. Weird. I hope that it is indeed repairable, I know that Elderly up in Lansing can work miracles.

Definitely repairable, no worries!

Pretty good chance a skilled repairperson can make it look like it was never damaged, too!

• Members

Just wondering Whale... how long have you had it? If you're not 'attached' to it, then getting a different guitar might be a better option?

I've had it for two years and it has been my only guitar for about that long now. I gave up buying and selling and settled down. I had a few regrets and wished for a spruce over rosewood at some times, but if this is repairable then I'll do that. Like the little lady said, I can't afford a new git right now so I'll make do. When I go to Elderly I'll lust over the Larri OM 03rs and maybe play a 000-28 while I wait for an estimate.

• Members

Just jumped in........
#1. When your taking collections, let me know.

#2 How's the job hunt going?
Ever jump on "Linkedin" ? I have heard good things about that network for people looking for jobs. Just a thought.

You are very lucky to have a lot of good friends here. And like Totamus, just reading all of these posts has renewed my trust as well. Oh, and give that wonderful wife of yours a nice kiss from all of us.

• Members
I'm willing to join in and offer my traditional "caper" services if needed.

:thu:

Could certainly come down to that. I just want to hear that Elderly has said that:
(A) this just ain't no warranty repair
and
(B) for them to come up with an estimate of what it's going to cost to put Humpty Mahogany back together again.

• Members

Martin's warranty covers issues outside of their materials and workmanship? Playing the Devil's Advocate here I'm going to say that they've "seen it all" and I think this example of damage will more than likely fall into that category. I mean, it might have been an innocent bit of mishandling but this is more than just a premature neck reset warranty coverage item. Just saying don't put any plan Bs on the shelf just yet.

• Members

Could certainly come down to that. I just want to hear that Elderly has said that:

and

(B) for them to come up with an estimate of what it's going to cost to put Humpty Mahogany back together again.

Keep me posted. :thu:

• Members

and

Yes, once it's known if and how much the repair would be, then we would know how to proceed. We need a designated "go to" person, or do we already have him or her?

Bill

• Members

Yes, once it's known if and how much the repair would be, then we would know how to proceed. We need a designated "go to" person, or do we already have him or her?

Bill

Samilyn had volunteered initially (as I recall), but then took another hiatus.

Archived