NGD -- I have moved out of BAGWIPS!!!

Stackabones

• Members
2163_73.jpg

So I take it it's a beautiful sunny day in Stackaranch, right? Congrats on both guitars! :wave:

I take it the 000 (as well as the 00) body coupled with the mahogany back and side means it's got strong mids? Will we have the privilege to hear it in tomorrow's VOM?

• Members
2163_73.jpg

So I take it it's a beautiful sunny day in Stackaranch, right? Congrats on both guitars!
:wave:

I take it the 000 (as well as the 00) body coupled with the mahogany back and side means it's got strong mids? Will we have the privilege to hear it in tomorrow's VOM?

Nice pic of the Stackaranch! How'd you find my new location so quickly? I can't even get pizza delivered out here.

The Yamaha has some nice mids, but it's more balanced and a bit tamer than the Gitane's. I'll put up a recording of it for the VOM.

As far as the 00, that'll just have to wait till next week.

• Members
NGD -- I have moved out of BAGWIPS!!!

The horror, THE HORROR!!!

But look on the bright side, now you can be involved in all those discussions like "do bridge pins really make a difference" "wood, vs plastic vs brass bridge pins" etc...

You're really slumming with the rest of us now, ;)

• Members

can someone please explain the goat pictures i am a newb

It's a rule. If someone buys a new guitar they are (symbolically) given goats. Old world traditions, customs and courtesies are to blame. I think it dates back to the Fugarwe nomadic tribesmen when goats were gifted for important tribal rites of passage and such.

Edit: I think Totamus can give more details if he happens to catch this.

• Members

p.s.

While I do love my Yammies, I do agree that the world would be a much better place if all the guitar manufacturers went to pinless bridges. They are just MUCH nicer, IMHO.

No need to be subliminal here. I have three guitars. One has bridge pins, one has a slothead and one has got all the vices. I'm neither for nor against anything on a guitar except, and this is a huge exception, burst finishes and pickguards. Hate both of those garish aesthetic impediments.

• Members

Just got my hard shell case. SKB 000. Fits like a glove.

I got mine as a scratch -n- dent for $92.49 -- I don't see any scratches or dents! Less the GC coupon (and no shipping coupon for over $49) makes my out-of-pocket expense $42.49. Brand spankin' new the case is $134.99!!!

That case plus the Yammie (at blem) price makes for a really nice deal. :thu:

I'm so glad I got this. I've been lugging around a jumbo-sized TKL case that feels like it was lined with lead. Not too fun schlepping it around in the Texas heat. Although I really wanted a snazzy tweed case, this'll do.

So after a week of owning this guitar and playing it at four gigs, I'm extremely satisfied with it. I wasn't too sure if I'd get used to the narrow saddle spacing (2"), but man oh man I'm loving it. And this is the first short-scale guitar (24.9") I've ever owned. How could I have gone so long and never tried out short-scale. I may never go back to those redwood tree length necks again!

I still have the original factory strings and they've held up well enough through four two-hour gigs, 30-plus lessons and all the other hours I've put on it just jamming away. They still look fresh and have sparkle and growl in them. :thu:

Archived