NGD -- I have moved out of BAGWIPS!!!

Stackabones

• Members

This is my first small body acoustic, and my first with bridge pins in a long time. Essentially a 000-size guitar, it is still rather deep (just about 3 7/8" at the neck joint and 4 3/4" at the end pin).

Solid top! Gorgeous and simple with sides and a backside that pics just don't really capture.

The nut is 1 11/16" but the saddle spacing is just at 2" -- which would make this a perfect crossover acoustic for electric players imo. While the spacing feels a little too tight for fingerpicking, I don't find it too bad for hybrid picking. The neck is quick and responsive.

The sound is full-throated when cowboy chords are strummed and delicate when fingerpicked. I notice some nice tonal variations when strummed near the neck, over the soundhole, at the back edge of the soundhole, and near the pins. All offer slightly different tones and it makes this guitar feel very responsive. I'll try to get some clips up, but I still haven't got my VOM done yet.

The stock Yammie stock strings are rather nice, and I'm going to leave them on for a bit.

This guitar is an easy buy at a great price. Since mine turned out to be a blem (kudos to Elderly for offering me a discount), it's even a better price!

I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have. :wave:

Next week, I'll post about a 00 that I also recently acquired. :p

• Members

Oh woe is us, the unwashed many...

our numbers are dwindling

The Yammy brigade has made another raid..

their players keep growing

Oh hell, I can't write a song...I don't have a Yamaha:cry:

Happy New Guitar Day, Stackabones!

Ian

• Members

I have that same guitar; it's a great player.

Have you managed to find a case that fits the body shape? It's too deep for all of the 000 and classical-sized cases that I tried. I know that Yamaha makes a deluxe case for it (GA32) but I was hoping to have more choices in terms of aesthetics and cost.

• Members

I see that you have
Old And In The Way
in your sig.
:thu:

Yeah, I thought that would be a great motto for me. But I must confess I don't know much about the band's music other than knowing who some of the players are. That alone should tell me it's great stuff. I need to get up to speed.

• Members

I have that same guitar; it's a great player.

Have you managed to find a case that fits the body shape? It's too deep for all of the 000 and classical-sized cases that I tried. I know that Yamaha makes a deluxe case for it (GA32) but I was hoping to have more choices in terms of aesthetics and cost.

I'm going to try this one. It looks deep enough at 5.75". I found one blem at GC online and I have a gift card. If it doesn't work out, I guess I'll return it and get the Yammie case.

I really want a tweed case, but all I can find is the one at Elderly and it doesn't ship free ... so it adds about $60 to the $125 price tag. Ouch.

• Members

I'm going to try this
. It looks deep enough at 5.75". I found one blem at GC online and I have a gift card. If it doesn't work out, I guess I'll return it and get the Yammie case.

I really want a tweed case, but all I can find is the one at Elderly and it doesn't ship free ... so it adds about $60 to the $125 price tag. Ouch.

I wanted a tweed case as well, but like you I couldn't find anything other than the one from Elderly. The SKB case looks interesting though, I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

Archived