Got some ebony bridge pins for my Alvarez

DarkHorseJ27

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I only use pins crafted from dried buffalo dung pilfered from Ted Turners Montana ranch.

Don't f-ing tell me I can't f-ing hear the difference.

you f-ing morons.

You can't hear the difference. Buffalo dung makes no difference in tone.

• Members

Why should he prove it? He can just quote luthiers who completely disagree with him and pretend they agree with him.

Yes,

Actual luthiers: "They make a small difference in tone but are primarily a matter of aesthetics"

and

Guitarcapo: "They make no difference whatsoever, you're delusional, I pwned u noob, nuts and bridgepins are metaphysically immune to vibration"

...are completely opposite opinions.

I love how you guys use quote marks for stuff that was never said.

"Actual luthiers:" :lol:

Also please show where I stated the above quote you attributed to me or issue an apology.

Aw what the heck...why do I bother taking the high road anymore?

Existentialist:"The best way I've found to pick up chicks in bars is to use chloroform"

(hey you're right...it IS fun!)

• Members

I stumbled across this today. From non other than Bob Colosi.

I highlighted and italicized the key point.

1. What do these parts do for the sound of my guitar?

Being a more dense material than factory-installed components, they serve as a much more efficient transmitter of the energy of the string to the top of the guitar, causing increased sustain and clarity, overtones, better separation and definition of the individual strings during strummed chords, and in many cases, increased projection.
The saddle plays the biggest part,
followed by the bridge pins
. The nut also plays a role in this regard, but only to a very minimal degree.

• Members

I got these albino porcupine quill bridge pins from William Shatner. Serious stuff, man. Don't even mess with me.

I used some of those until one day I inadvertently stabbed one of my fingers with the pointy end :facepalm: and had to wait about a month for it to work it's way through the finger. :cry:

Archived