VOM Reminder -- Virtual Open Mic This Sunday, August 9!

Stackabones

• Members

Come one, come all! This is open for all HCers -- if you happen to frequent other neighborhoods, let 'em know! Acoustics are welcome, but so are electrics, kazoos, recorders, melodicas, bass guitars, drums, ukes, and it'd be nice to hear a bajo sexto!

Any questions? Ask them here or click on the link in my sig! If you've already performed in a previous VOM, please register so that you may partake in all the goodies that Joe has designed and is designing.

August 9 in history ...

• Members

One of my favorite books was "Siddhartha" by Hermann Hesse. While reading, I always wondered what kind of music would be played and sung. Then in '72 they made a movie...I was stoked.....unfortunately it fell quite short of what the book was....but it did strike pretty true with the music.....here's an excerpt...I don't think I'll attempt it on my sitar real soon....My sitar? yeah right.

[YOUTUBE]20EHQK0e0lA[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I gotsta find time to record this week. I missed last month and then just threw out something, the month before, that I'd done back in January.

I have a song I wanted to do for Father's Day, but I couldn't find time to record. I did it at an open mic the Tuesday after Father's Day and I was disappointed with how it came out (ok, I sucked). Two months of working on the song has paid off and now I'm ready. I just gotta find the time. But this time, no excuses. It WILL get done.

I started on the song with my 12-string. It sounds good on that, but now that I have my Alvarez, I like it better and I will be recording with that.

• Members

I'm honestly going to try. And I mean that, since last night I honestly did try to record something, but after 2 takes (one-take be damned) I got frustrated and figured I'd try again later in the week.

Odds are it'll probably be something I record early sunday evening under the influence, as is my usual custom and practice.

• Members

I'm in -- just sat down, recorded, and posted in absentia (well, I was mostly present for the recording and posting part, and only anticipating full absentia as family from out of town are in this weekend).

Looking forward to listening as soon as possible.

cheers,
andrew

• Members

OK, I just did a late night recording of a cover I've been trying to nail down for over a month now. I did it late at night and recorded guitar and vox separately so it has that "canned" feeling that I can't stand listening back to - I'd be terrible in the studio. I don't like the way the guitar came out either, so I may end up just doing a quick and dirty raw re-take in front of the camera tomorrow if I get a moment. So much for the VOM1T principle! :rolleyes:

• Members
Hmmm....since Michael Martin asked, I'm thinking of using my roomie's Dano 12-er for this VOM. Maybe an old Byrds tune will do nicely.

:love: :love: :love: Ah yes Sammie please do...the picture was worth 1000 wds but the audio will be worth a million or two more.

For my part, I recorded a new original song last night at the Interlochen (MI) State Park campground, outside under the rising full moon, on my camping guitar into my H2. If it doesn't sound too obviously scotch-soaked, I will post that for VOM. If it does, then something else recent.

Looking fwd to everyone's stuff, as always.

• Members
:love:
Ah yes Sammie please do...the picture was worth 1000 wds but the audio will be worth a million or two more.

For my part, I recorded a new original song last night at the Interlochen (MI) State Park campground, outside under the rising full moon, on my camping guitar into my H2. If it doesn't sound too obviously scotch-soaked, I will post that for VOM. If it does, then something else recent.

Looking fwd to everyone's stuff, as always.

Speaking of pics worth a thousand words.......

Love your new avatar. :love::love::love:

• Members

I'm new. Like a real honest to God Noob.

1. Can I post more than one?

2. Can someone give me, the dumbass of all dumbasses in the computer realm, the nutshell version of what the hell I need to do to post stuff? I have some idea, but do I need to register someplace? Is soundclick the best spot to post? How the hell do I link in the VOM? (Seeereusssleee! Mee stooopit!)

Archived