VOM Reminder -- Virtual Open Mic This Sunday, August 9!

Stackabones

• Members

I'm new. Like a real honest to God Noob.

1. Can I post more than one?

2. Can someone give me, the dumbass of all dumbasses in the computer realm, the nutshell version of what the hell I need to do to post stuff? I have some idea, but do I need to register someplace? Is soundclick the best spot to post? How the hell do I link in the VOM? (Seeereusssleee! Mee stooopit!)

For ease of typing... (I'm Lazy) the VOM details can be found here: http://vom.infocusreviews.com/index.php?p=primer

Basically they read one tune per participant. As far as where & when, the VOM is held right on the forum here (another thread) running Midnight to midnight on Sunday.

As far as linking is concerned, you just upload to the service of your choice (if you don't have a place let me know and I will give you a upload place) and then you simply post the URL to your upload in the VOM thread along with Title, song credit, and whatever comments you would like to include.

Pretty painless actually.

• Members

I'm new. Like a real honest to God Noob.

That can be cured....

1. Can I post more than one?

Nope one per customer

2. Can someone give me, the dumbass of all dumbasses in the computer realm, the nutshell version of what the hell I need to do to post stuff? I have some idea, but do I need to register someplace? Is soundclick the best spot to post?

Soundclick works.

How the hell do I link in the VOM? (Seeereusssleee! Mee stooopit!)

After you upload the song to Soundclick, go to the main song page. At the top will be a link

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7498678

Copy that link

You will see the VOM message thread. Hit Post Reply (like you did for this one) and at the top of the box here there is an icon under the white smiley that says Insert Link. That is where you paste the link to your song

Tony

• Members

I guess I am a liar! I will be at the VOM cause I got my new USB sound card and I wanted to try it out. I ripped open cartons until I found one of my mics and recorded a number using my AlGold D18 (the first guitar I ever built 14 years ago or so). It's the ugliest guitar I own cause I finished it with brushing lacquer and didn't know what I was doing. I had only a coping saw, chisels, a violin purfling cutter a cabinet scraper and a few clamps to make it so it is truly hand made. A hand drill and a 3/8 reamer were used also. Looks like crap but sounds great.

BigAl :)

• Members

Hey Joe, stop flapping your jaw! It's 12:19 Sunday morning and no VOM thread yet! Get on the stick!

BigAl
:lol:

Oh nah nah nah, don't talk to me pal, talk to the big cheese over there, Mr. Stackabones, cooling his heels at the stack-o-ranch sitting on Texas time. He doesn't abide by the clock us east coasters see. He believes the world should have established Texas at Zero hour GMT.

hmmm, There's a song in there somewhere.

:cool:

• Members
Oh nah nah nah, don't talk to me pal, talk to the big cheese over there, Mr. Stackabones, cooling his heels at the stack-o-ranch sitting on Texas time. He doesn't abide by the clock us east coasters see. He believes the world should have established Texas at Zero hour GMT.

hmmm, There's a song in there somewhere.

:cool:

Texas sucks!

Archived