Whats Happened To TNFrank ?

Tartanlad

• Members
I never took sides on the gun issue.

...until people started showing up at political rallies with (non-concealed) guns earlier this year, which in addition to being downright stupid, was also threatening to the candidate and made the task of the Secret Service far more difficult.
This didn't do much to further the cause of guns rights supporters in my estimation

Agreed!

Only the morons that own guns would do such stupid things...smart/responsible gun-owners know better. :idea:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The trouble with this chart is that it does not include fatty foods and/or second-hand smoke.
:cop:

Well then if the above was true then you lot would be right at the top of the tree wouldnt you going by the stats with fatty foods :cop:

A know the UK come not far behind with such BUT you do like yer Burgers etc ave heard ;)

As fir second hand smoke all pubs in the UK are smoke free..Are they in the USA ? ;)

• Members
http://www.knifecrimes.org/uk-knife-crime-victims.html

Here you are just trying to twist away from your gun cultures terrible stats..we know knife crime is bad in the UK

but if we sold guns as you do in the USA then gun crime would hit the roof..now theres a stop/search with the police and especially targetting
the younger community before they head into night clubs etc to scan them before they enter such clubs
and this has helped in a way..but gun crime in the USA should be curbed the only answer is not selling guns sorry if ive hit yer funny-bone ;)

• Members
Here you are just trying to twist away from your gun cultures terrible stats..we know knife crime is bad in the UK

but if we sold guns as you do in the USA then gun crime would hit the roof..now theres a stop/search with the police and especially targetting

the younger community before they head into night clubs etc to scan them before they enter such clubs

and this has helped in a way..but gun crime in the USA should be curbed the only answer is not selling guns sorry if ive hit yer funny-bone
;)

Shouldn't you be out shoveling snow Lad instead of questioning our 2d Amendment rights. :lol:

• Members
Shouldn't you be out shoveling snow Lad instead of questioning our 2d Amendment rights.
:lol:

:lol: But Bill truth is yer ^^ mge is because you know ive found out its just fact
that in that yer stats would go down a bit for sure in regards gun crime if the USA ended the selling in stores of guns/rifles doesnt tke a scientists brain to know that one

The UK and Scotland especially Glasgow and the West coast has stopped it being so easy to buy knifes in shops just recently
as the Government has stamped down with such and many stores whom sold knifes
have had them taken away by the police as a date was made for stores to not sell knifes again

and if they are seen selling such then they can have their store/s closed down..So think now some have got the mge..

The young offenders normally do such shovelling snow to help in aid mainly of the old
people its like a part pay back to their more-so minor type crime/s and at same time helps the aged..

• Members

the younger community before they head into night clubs etc to scan them before they enter such clubs and this has helped in a way..but gun crime in the USA should be curbed the only answer is not selling guns sorry if ive hit yer funny-bone
;)

Ain't it nice how a non US citizen has all the answers for what is wrong in the US?
I'm thinkin' that the UK should ban knives. They are far too easy to get, and they kill people :lol:
And then maybe screwdrivers... hammers.

And let's not forget automobiles. :lol:

• Members

... yer stats would go down a bit for sure in regards gun crime if the USA ended the selling in stores of guns/rifles ...

Pointless argument. "Gun crime" might go down a bit, but that doesn't mean that "crime" would go down.

"Crime" in general has been going down in the U.S. for some years - in spite of the fact that we have so many horrible, evil, awful guns.

• Members

Tartanlad, you might consider dropping the subject of gun rights in the US. It's a very highly charged and divisive issue. You are unlikely to change any minds, although you might indeed piss a few people off.

On balance, it doesn't matter whether you are right or not (if indeed there is any right or wrong in these opinion-related debates) but you have little to win and something to lose, unless you simply enjoy the role of an irritant. That is a role generally relegated to trolls, and I don't believe you are a troll or wish to be thought of as one.

• Members

Pointless argument. "Gun crime" might go down a bit, but that doesn't mean that "crime" would go down.

"Crime" in general has been going down in the U.S. for some years - in spite of the fact that we have so many horrible, evil, awful guns.

reminds me of a funny quote from former Washington DC mayor Marion Barry. "If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate."

• Members

I've read this thread very carefully, and I feel I'm kinda on the fence. I think it all boils down to the fact that there are two types of people; people who yell, "It's my right!", and those who say, "It's my right, but with responsibilities".

The Constitution states that people have the right to own weapons. But I think many of them disregard the responsibilities involved in owning a firearm.

I have no problem with people who own guns, who have taken an approved firearm training course, have learned a proper attitude toward their gun, have learned to properly use, store, and maintain their firearm, and use it responsibly. My gripe is with the assholes who wave their rights to own a gun as some sort of testicular enlargement. The 'I got a gun, ain't nobody gonna {censored} with me now' type of guy, and we have many of them here in Oregon.

With every right comes responsibility. I am basically anti-gun, but I have one in my night-stand. As was stated by TNFrank - just in case. But I take a great deal of comfort in the fact that I have a responsible attitude toward weaponry and I have been taught when to use it and when not to. ATTITUDE is the key. :thu:

• Members
I've read this thread very carefully, and I feel I'm kinda on the fence. I think it all boils down to the fact that there are two types of people; people who yell, "It's my right!", and those who say, "It's my right, but with responsibilities".

The Constitution states that people have the right to own weapons. But I think many of them disregard the responsibilities involved in owning a firearm.

I have no problem with people who own guns, who have taken an approved firearm training course, have learned a proper attitude toward their gun, have learned to properly use, store, and maintain their firearm, and use it responsibly. My gripe is with the assholes who wave their rights to own a gun as some sort of testicular enlargement. The 'I got a gun, ain't nobody gonna {censored} with me now' type of guy, and we have many of them here in Oregon.

With every right comes responsibility.
I am basically anti-gun, but I have one in my night-stand
. As was stated by TNFrank - just in case. But I take a great deal of comfort in the fact that I have a responsible attitude toward weaponry and I have been taught when to use it and when not to. ATTITUDE is the key.
:thu:

Huh? I was with you until you got to that part.

• Members

I think we just need to consider the fact that human beings are predators, plain and simple. If we can't get out to the country to hunt game animals then we'll hunt each other in the big cities.

Firearms have nothing what so ever to do with crime rate. In fact, weapons of any kind have nothing to do with crime rate. PEOPLE are the problem, not an inanimate object. I've had people tell me how "evil" AK-47's are(semi auto, not the "real" ones) and that how they're only good for killing people and that if people owned em' they'd end up killing everyone in sight. Well, got some bad news for ya'll, I've owned about 7 of em' in my life time and never felt the need to empty a mag on a school yard or place of work. Guns don't make people evil, they're hard hearts make em' evil. A firearm is just a tool that can be used for good or evil, it has no say in the matter because it'd just a hunk of metal.

Also, for those who think that firearms make it too easy to kill somone, bull hockey. Even trained LEO's sometimes have to expend many round to score 2 or 3 hits on a bad guy. Bullets don't "magical" find their target. They have to be fired from a gun that's aimed properly or they'll miss and cause no damage at all to the intended target and that's not as easy as the movies make it out to be.

Bottom line, people are evil and tend to prey on each other, criminals will ALWAYS find a way to get firearms so rather then pass laws making Law Biding Citizens totally helpless in the face of an armed criminal it's better to allow law biding citizens, who we SHOULD trust and up standing members of the community, to own firearms for their and their families protections.

• Members
Tartanlad, you might consider dropping the subject of gun rights in the US. It's a very highly charged and divisive issue. You are unlikely to change any minds, although you might indeed piss a few people off.

On balance, it doesn't matter whether you are right or not (if indeed there is any right or wrong in these opinion-related debates) but you have little to win and something to lose, unless you simply enjoy the role of an irritant. That is a role generally relegated to trolls, and I don't believe you are a troll or wish to be thought of as one.

Queequeg, I feel I must respectfully disagree with what you have said here. If we are going to respect our own right to free speech, then we have to respect that right for others, no matter where they live or how they feel. And I also feel that it's a little harsh to brand him as a possible troll for stating his feelings. Just sayin' :wave:

• Members

With every right comes responsibility. I am basically anti-gun, but I have one in my night-stand. As was stated by TNFrank - just in case. But I take a great deal of comfort in the fact that I have a responsible attitude toward weaponry and I have been taught when to use it and when not to. ATTITUDE is the key.

+1

Well said :thu:

• Members

Queequeg, I feel I must respectfully disagree with what you have said here. If we are going to respect our own right to free speech, then we have to respect that right for others, no matter where they live or how they feel. And I also feel that it's a little harsh to brand him as a possible troll for stating his feelings. Just sayin'
:wave:

I don't know what free speech has to do with it. First of all, I said he "might consider it". Secondly I said I don't think he is a troll.

Finally, my point was (since I guess you missed it altogether) gun rights in the US is a very emotionally charged and polarizing issue and if you admonish Americans for either wanting to exercise their right to own guns or likewise admonish them for wanting to take that right away from them all you're going to do is cause a dust up here and never change the hearts and/or minds of any people on this on-topic guitar forum. Remember- this is a guitar forum.

Have a nice day (unless of course you've already made other arrangements).

• Members

With every right comes responsibility. I am basically anti-gun, but I have one in my night-stand. As was stated by TNFrank - just in case. But I take a great deal of comfort in the fact that I have a responsible attitude toward weaponry and I have been taught when to use it and when not to. ATTITUDE is the key.

Well stated. :cool:

Archived