Whats Happened To TNFrank ?

Tartanlad

• Members

TNFranks Went a missing recently what do you think has happened to his

whereabouts ?

A reckon he has somehow managed to kid us along in a bigway

and is practicing BigStyle with this Harp VV

ZB2nfCYnwx0

What do you guys/gals.. reckon has happened to TNFrank ?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm still around, just not had anything to say lately. Been doing some research on which Glock I'd like to pick up. Figure if I'm only going to own one pistol may as well get a good one. Tax Return time next year I'll pick up something, not sure what right now. May be a Glock, Taurus or ???

• Members

I'm still around, just not had anything to say lately. Been doing some research on which Glock I'd like to pick up. Figure if I'm only going to own one pistol may as well get a good one. Tax Return time next year I'll pick up something, not sure what right now. May be a Glock, Taurus or ???

Just a cotton pickin' minute here. Whose tax return money you gonna be spendin', Frank? I thought you've been unemployed the whole year. And, why would you want a plastic pistol anyway?

• Members

If I can make nice with my wife I think she'll let me pick up something for Home Defense/CCW since I think even she feels a little "helpless" without a gun around the house.

Next musical instrument on my list is another Turbo Twenty in C to complete my humble set of TurboHarps.

Then I've got a few things that I'd like to get for the truck like a floor shifter, shocks, Limited Slip Diff so both tires will hook instead of having that "one wheel peel" going on. Maybe a new transmission pan with the tubes thru it to help keep the fluid cool and help seal better to the trans so it'll stop leaking. Stock stamped pans suck.

Then maybe I'll pick up another acoustic guitar or maybe I'll go back to electric bass. Depends on how my fingers feel. A couple knuckles on my left hand have been giving me a bit of pain as of late. Don't know if it's arthritis or what.

Either way I'll be around, may not post much but I'll be here.

• Members

If I can make nice with my wife I think she'll let me pick up something for Home Defense/CCW since I think even she feels a little "helpless" without a gun around the house.

Next musical instrument on my list is another Turbo Twenty in C to complete my humble set of TurboHarps.

Then I've got a few things that I'd like to get for the truck like a floor shifter, shocks, Limited Slip Diff so both tires will hook instead of having that "one wheel peel" going on. Maybe a new transmission pan with the tubes thru it to help keep the fluid cool and help seal better to the trans so it'll stop leaking. Stock stamped pans suck.

Then maybe I'll pick up another acoustic guitar or maybe I'll go back to electric bass. Depends on how my fingers feel. A couple knuckles on my left hand have been giving me a bit of pain as of late. Don't know if it's arthritis or what.

Either way I'll be around, may not post much but I'll be here.

Bass would allow you to gig more often...thus, bring in more $$$ for your other interests... :idea:

'Course, I guess a Glock (and a ski mask) might, too... :eek:

• Members

Skip the Glock and get a Smith & Wesson M&P (in the caliber of your choice). I personally think the 9mm is the best choice, which is the M&P9.

• Members

Depends on what you want to have.

I am a certified pistol marksman and shooting instructor and pistols are handy, but you need a LOT of skill and even more practice to operate one of those things without being a danger to yourself and the environment.

For close quarters combat and protection, there is nothing better than a handy shotgun with some buckshot. You just have to aim roughly in the right direction and the short barrels will spread the charge sufficiently. Using a pump action or semi will give you more sustained firepower than the standard old style double-barrel, but IMHO if you need more than the two barrels of buckshot, you're in a situation in which a Glock wouldn't help, either.

• Members

I am a certified pistol marksman and shooting instructor and pistols are handy, but you need a LOT of skill and even more practice to operate one of those things without being a danger to yourself and the environment.

For close quarters combat and protection, there is nothing better than a handy shotgun with some buckshot. You just have to aim roughly in the right direction and the short barrels will spread the charge sufficiently. Using a pump action or semi will give you more sustained firepower than the standard old style double-barrel, but IMHO if you need more than the two barrels of buckshot, you're in a situation in which a Glock wouldn't help, either.

So true...for home security, anyone who can get past my Danes and my son's Rotts meets up with either my or my wife's 12-gauges

d34bcefe-f0b7-4d4c-aa6e-1d6e0b5c21c0

This is mine. The law requires that it be over 18"...mine is 18-1/8", 'cause I'm a law-abiding citizen.

My wife has what used to be called a stage-coach gun...a bit longer, with a full stock. She finds it more comfortable than one w/ a pistol grip.

32ad36a4-1b25-4d1e-acce-b26ec701efed

• Members

I call BS on your whole post.

To wit: "aim roughly in the right direction and the short barrels will spread the charge sufficiently". You don't get any significant spread in CQB scenarios. The benefit of a shotgun is stopping power.

• Members

I call BS on your whole post.

To wit: "aim roughly in the right direction and the short barrels will spread the charge sufficiently". You don't get any significant spread in CQB scenarios. The benefit of a shotgun is stopping power.

That as well, but even in CQB, the probability of at least a few buckshots hitting the supposed target is higher than if you just punch a 9mm hole into the air.

• Members

Ma home defence system is ma hands

Thing is above lads use a gun or rifle whatever even the baseball bat

you can kill someone and then you are left in a stinking madhole

prison for the rest of yer lifes and a wife / kids on the outside

it certainly wouldnt be a nice feeling ye know

id jist use ma bare hands tae tie he/them up

and any of ye remember the film with Laurel / Hardy

where both end up tied up with their legs tied up

behind their necks :lol: well id do that to the bad guy/s

so as they couldnt move at all :lol::):lol:

and then he/they end up very :(:eek::eek:

• Members

When you said you preferred 12 gauge I thought you meant guitar strings :lol:

I didn't have you down as the gun owning type Terry.

Over here most normal everyday people haven't even seen a real gun. I have seen some shotguns when I've been Pheasant shooting with my dad, I didn't have a go though.

Archived