Whats Happened To TNFrank ?

Tartanlad

• Members

Is anyone willing to risk their life or their families lives over Statistics? So, Crime is on the decline, don't care, still feel like it's my duty as a law biding Citizen to be able to protect me and mine and the best means is with a firearm.
I don't live in a high crime area but a big part of that is because most of the folks in the rural area where I live own firearms. A criminal would be crazy to break into a house around here because there's a very good chance that he'd get shot.
You never know if or when a criminal will decide to make you his victim so it's best to be prepared for it. If it never happens then count yourself as lucky, if it does happen and you're ready then count yourself as wise.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I referred more specifically to your attacks against RKO,l bsman and dmw999, all of whom were able to present their opinions in a mature, reasoned fashion...
:idea:

Your tantrums at me amuse me, mostly, no matter which name you post under, here or in the PP.
:lol:

And this will be all the attention I can spare you today, FF
;)

Just thinking cant the Mods check to see whom has more than the one account and then make sure they just have the one single account
sure they can and this would possibly help with such arguementative soles like his type ?

• Members
:blah:
:blah:
:p
:mad:
:rolleyes::cry::eek:

Quite an impressive show. "Attacks", "present opinions in a mature reasoned fashion", "tantrums", "giving me attention".

Still more "setting a good example" and "acting in a civil polite manner". Oh, and so much for that "mutual respect" I guess.

If you feel so burdened by "giving me attention", perhaps you could better utilize your time doing something constructive and useful instead of demeaning and insulting people. :idea: I won't be offended.

Yes go about your business, knowing that you have made HCAG safe for everyone once again, and you should feel good about yourself. :thu:

• Members
Just thinking cant the Mods check to see whom has more than the one account and then make sure they just have the one single account

sure they can and this would possibly help with such arguementative soles like his type ?

Yep. I'm argumentative. I'm sure numerous complaints about me have been made to the mods from time to time. If I was an alt, they would have found it out by now. TAH knows that.

Accusing one of being an alt is just another tactic TAH uses to insult people who dare to cross him. He commonly does that in the PP. :rolleyes:

• Members

I own guns, but in 52 years on this planet, I have never even once felt the need to point one at another soul, nor have I ever wished I had one on me. You folks talking about "these times" are way off the mark -- crime rates have fallen rather drastically for most of the past 40-50 years, it's just the fact that we now have a 24-hour news cycle in which media are constantly looking for something to splash on our screens that makes folks think things are getting worse...

I agree 100%.

I was a reserve police officer in my early 20's. I enjoyed shooting on the combat range and at targets. I sold my handguns when I left the reserve police department. I would never consider buying a handgun for home defense. The shotgun is much more effective and safer for your neighbors if you miss your target.

In reality - you probably won't have time to grab a gun if you woke up to an intruder in your home - especially if you keep your guns locked down due to having children in the house.

I don't worry about home defense. I lock my doors at night and leave the porch light on. It would be a concern if I lived in a dangerous area.

• Members

I agree 100%.

I was a reserve police officer in my early 20's. I enjoyed shooting on the combat range and at targets. I sold my handguns when I left the reserve police department. I would never consider buying a handgun for home defense. The shotgun is much more effective and safer for your neighbors if you miss your target.

In reality - you probably won't have time to grab a gun if you woke up to an intruder in your home - especially if you keep your guns locked down due to having children in the house.

I don't worry about home defense. I lock my doors at night and leave the porch light on. It would be a concern if I lived in a dangerous area.

Even then, the attacker is possibly armed and prepared. You are half asleep and close to panic. Stress is the last thing you want to have, when you have a gun in your hand. Stress and fear are rhe surefire way to wrong decisions.

• Members

There was indeed. The burglar was a unarmed teenage boy who ran away when the householder disturbed him. The householder shot him in the back with a shotgun as he was running down the garden.

I also remember that was somewhere in Norfolk in England

and a feel the householder had no right whatsoever

of shooting the young lad as he wasnt a threat to anyones life

he was running away not to be caught by the police

or more-so killed by the farmers shots

But the householder took the law unto himself

ye wouldve felt bad some stranger was in his home

as isnt a gd feeling we all know that..

But he wasnt a threat towards killing anyone in the house

vast majority of burglars in this country dont want to hurt anyone

although wrong are just desperate for goods or money

Think the householder is out of prison now after a big kick up

by many people as he was only protecting his home

but i felt he was in the wrong firing a rifle to kill

a young lad because his house had been burgled

at the end of the day it isnt nice and is wrong

but shooting someone say dead isnt the answer

just because a householder had a cple of things stolen..

they can be recovered etc

although a realise some items maybe sentimental value

which is sad when such happens to anyone

The farmer shouldve aimed for the legs possibly

but in my opinion he shouldnt

have been released after killing the lad

i mean the lad ran because he was frightened off being

both either killed or being eventually caught by police..

Heres a link vv saying he the killer was released from Prison

and is a free man although in my opinion as a sais

he shouldnt have been released for such..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/farmer-who-shot-burglar-to-leave-jail-next-week-643372.html

• Members

This thread turned out to be exactly how I thought it would turn out to be. My take on this particular subject matter has always been very simple:

• I never have really understood why this is always such a touchy subject (???). I can't even seem to speculate why that is, as I'm totally stumped by it. Typically, I would now post something like "Thoughts? Comments? (as to why this is a touchy subject)" but I'm afraid that would only flare this whole thing up all over again. It would be very nice if we could somehow avoid that.

• Members

I also remember that was somewhere in Norfolk in England

and a feel the householder had no right whatsoever

of shooting the young lad as he wasnt a threat to anyones life

he was running away not to be caught by the police

or more-so killed by the farmers shots

But the householder took the law unto himself

ye wouldve felt bad some stranger was in his home

as isnt a gd feeling we all know that..

But he wasnt a threat towards killing anyone in the house

vast majority of burglars in this country dont want to hurt anyone

although wrong are just desperate for goods or money

Think the householder is out of prison now after a big kick up

by many people as he was only protecting his home

but i felt he was in the wrong firing a rifle to kill

a young lad because his house had been burgled

at the end of the day it isnt nice and is wrong

but shooting someone say dead isnt the answer

just because a householder had a cple of things stolen..

they can be recovered etc

although a realise some items maybe sentimental value

which is sad when such happens to anyone

The farmer shouldve aimed for the legs possibly

but in my opinion he shouldnt

have been released after killing the lad

i mean the lad ran because he was frightened off being

both either killed or being eventually caught by police..

Heres a link vv saying he the killer was released from Prison

and is a free man although in my opinion as a sais

he shouldnt have been released for such..

I agree with you. He shouldn't have been released. He wanted to kill.

Phil

• Members

Yes and no...yes they can, if they want to dedicate that much time to doing so, but no, they're not paid to moderate, so they very, very rarely bother to hunt down the trouble-makers unless the troll is just causing too many problems...

There are more than a few individuals who have more than one "identity" and flaunt it...what they don't seem to have is a life that validates them enough to not troll the forum under various "identities" for attention, and so they tend to exploit this "opportunity".

Pretty sure Freud wrote about this sad folks... :idea:

This thread turned out to be exactly how I thought it would turn out to be. My take on this particular subject matter has always been very simple:

:thu:

• Members

I agree, no one forces anyone to own a firearm so why are all the "Non-Gun" types trying to force those of us who want to one one not to by passing laws that criminals won't follow in the first place.
Added 3 to my "short list" if the Glock doesn't pan out.

Ruger SR9c
Taurus 709SS
Kel-Tec PF9

As always it depends on price and availability at time of purchase. I'd feel well protected with any of the three but the Ruger does have more rounds which is always nice. Kel-Tec is the lightest though, which in a CCW gun is really nice. Guess I'll figure it all out when we get our return and I find out how much my budget it.

• Members

I agree, no one forces anyone to own a firearm so why are all the "Non-Gun" types trying to force those of us who want to one one not to by passing laws that criminals won't follow in the first place.

Added 3 to my "short list" if the Glock doesn't pan out.

It's getting easier to own a gun and easier to get a permit (CCW) to carry one.

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

• Members

My summary of this thread:

Tart:

Aye where's Frank.

Frank:

Here I am. I want a gun.

UKers:

Rabble rabble GUNS SUCK!

Fret:

Rabble rabble political jargon

TAH RKO and other's without abbrevs.:

Shut up fret.

Kujozilla:

Damnit Frank.

Frank:

I want a gun.

Group continues.

• Members
He is down in PP under another name or two...
;)

Yes and no...
yes
they can, if they want to dedicate that much time to doing so, but
no
, they're not paid to moderate, so they very, very rarely bother to hunt down the trouble-makers unless the troll is just causing too many problems...

There are more than a few individuals who have more than one "identity" and flaunt it...what they don't seem to have is a life that validates them enough to not troll the forum under various "identities" for attention, and so they tend to exploit this "opportunity".

It has been said that the one who accuses the loudest is the guiltiest.
I wonder how many alts TAH has. :idea:

• Members

Tart:

Aye where's Frank.

Frank:

Here I am. I want a gun.

UKers:

Rabble rabble GUNS SUCK!

Fret:

Shut up fret.

Kujozilla:

Damnit Frank.

Frank:

I want a gun.

Group continues.

ROTFLMAO, I loved the way you summed it all up. :badump:
And I still want a gun. :poke:

• Members

Tart:

Aye where's Frank.

Frank:

Here I am. I want a gun.

UKers:

Rabble rabble GUNS SUCK!

Fret:

Shut up fret.

Kujozilla:

Damnit Frank.

Frank:

I want a gun.

Group continues.

LMAO. Yup, you hit the nail on the head, Kujo. :thu:

And TN....

For heaven sake, TN, just go git yerself a shooter and a box of ammo. Then go out in the boonies (if ya don't already live in the boonies) and shoot the livin' crap outa a few tin cans and you'll feel better real soon. I promise. :D

The only time that didn't work for me was when a .22-long slug somebody else fired ricoched and hit me in da arm. Didn't feel too good, but got da "Sh*t, I been shot!" braggin' rights nonetheless (and a scar to prove it). :freak:

• Members
I'm still around, just not had anything to say lately. Been doing some research on which Glock I'd like to pick up. Figure if I'm only going to own one pistol may as well get a good one. Tax Return time next year I'll pick up something, not sure what right now. May be a Glock, Taurus or ???

I vote a sniper rifle. I'd also suggest picking up an N64 for cheap. :wave:

Archived