Plectrums users: the songs you love to play with your acoustic guitars!!

Misha

• Members

The title says it all: I'd like to know what are the songs you like to strum!

Post 'em, post clips, post links!

Also, is it because of the melody (the chords) or rather is it because of the rhythm ???

I'm in a mood where I want to discover/practice different rhythm techniques even if it means that my poor fingers may have to suffer a bit to become tougher!!

:cool:

I love Pinch Me by the Barenaked Ladies. I just play it a tiny, tiny bit, though!!

[video=youtube;0OrOjBO2n2o]

• Members

This Scottish song vv is one i like although ill have to learn some picking to get this down a reckon right + with being a ballady type song

would sound better being picked..but who knows maybe in time + Sung here by English born but Scotland fanatic "Rod Stewart" :)

• Members

Cool video,
but wow is he full of himself

I don't know if he's really like that or if he's been asked to act like that for the video... I couldn't believe someone would behave like that naturally when I watched it...

I used to watched this version:

(Or songs among the Bathroom Sessions: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=barenaked+ladies+bathroom+ses sions&aq=f )

• Members

Cool video, but wow is he full of himself.

Judging from other interviews I've seen with him I am guessing his bravado is sarcastic in nature. Taking nothing away from the band who have some decent songs they aren't really guitar innovators and I think that's what he was referencing here.

• Members

I like it! (I didn't know that song.) The guitar the singer is playing seems to be a Larrivee L-0? ??? The other guy plays a Cole Clark. There's only one place where I saw them in Montreal (Moog Audio). They are pretty but I've never tried any!

• Members

Judging from other interviews I've seen with him I am guessing his bravado is sarcastic in nature. Taking nothing away from the band who have some decent songs they aren't really guitar innovators and I think that's what he was referencing here.

When I listen to people saying weird things in English, I'm never sure if it really means what I think it does. It always comes up as a little shock where I find myself thinking: "What!!?? Did he just say what I think he said???"

A pompous attitude, though it doesn't take anything away from the music, doesn't motivate me to buy one's albums...

Edit: Well, Ed made a "clin d'oeil" at Pat Metheny so I guess he's ok! ;)

• Members

Good call on BNL - when I think of flatpicking acoustic I think of Ed. He has amazing control over his right hand and muting.

What I retained from the clip is:" it is all about the picking and strumming, your most important hand is your picking hand, not your fretting hand. Lots of people get that wrong..."

• Members

Misha

Just for your info. the guy doing the singing in the Snow Patrol video is Northern Ireland born Ian Archer and the guitar he is playing is a Northern Ireland made Lowden.

Decent songwriter and outstanding guitar lol

Oh! Thank's for the information! I was right only for "L" !! ;)

• Members
Misha

Just for your info. the guy doing the singing in the Snow Patrol video is Northern Ireland born Ian Archer and the guitar he is playing is a Northern Ireland made Lowden.

Decent songwriter and outstanding guitar lol

Grey - it's Gary Lightbody is it not doing the singing? (admit it - you had a few too many Bush's before posting ;):lol:). Next time I'm home maybe Avalon will be open in Ards and I fully intend to sneak into George Lowdens place in Downpatrick and nick that guitar lol)

Misha ... Slash on acoustic is a bit weird but he's not too bad eh? lol

• Members

That's right O'Shea! Grass me up on the interwebz!

Yer spending too much time among them surrender monkeys (:facepalm:)

Any way yer only partly right. It wasn't Bushmills.

I'm not usually a great one for these various tarted up iterations of classic single malts, but I do like the Glenlivet 'French Oak', it has,to me, an almost fino sherry dry note to it.

This led to me getting a litre of cask strength 16 year old Glenlivet "Nadurra". All I can say about this is that is so nice that no one on this forum would like it. Thereby leaving more in the world for me! Hence deep, mellow confusion :lol:

Archived