Plectrums users: the songs you love to play with your acoustic guitars!!

Misha

• Members
Cheers, mate. I did a truncated version of "Run" on my nylon string dred for a VOM ages ago. I might resurrect it for a future VOM.

Yeah! Who's this Ian Archer guy?

I'd love to hear your version on Classical :thu: ... bloody talented song writers those fellas - great stuff :)

• Members
I used to be a bit "partial" to one called Bowmore - introduced to me by one of the partners in the practice I worked in in Perth. He was a true Scotsman, big voice, big nose (red of course) and big appetite for malts lol. I fell asleep in the bath in our wee flat after that night (apparently
:facepalm::lol:
)

Well Well Lad..now were getting more home truths and i applaud you for such Rick O' Shea
Grey ---> now you know not to try and Drink our Scottish Malts as you shall end up sleeping in the bath :lol:

As we all know Scots make the best + strongest Whisky's and which you irish guys cant handle our Malts
which are the real McCoy

The Scots are the tops with making the best Whisky's is a fact ----> and is our top seller World Wide..

Ireland is really a Guinness nation which is fine :)

• Members

The title says it all: I'd like to know what are the songs you like to strum!

Post 'em, post clips, post links!

Also, is it because of the melody (the chords) or rather is it because of the rhythm ???

I'm in a mood where I want to discover/practice different rhythm techniques even if it means that my poor fingers may have to suffer a bit to become tougher!!

Good post and interesting question Misha...

For me, of course I have to like the sound of the chords, but the main ting is the 'drive' of the music, and the rythym...

I'm not going to make a fool of myself by putting up the songs I can actually play (not even sure they HAVE "Three Blind Mice" on Youtube), but here's the type of song that I'm kind of playing or that I'd LIKE to be able to play...

[video=youtube;C1-4fI2tqvw]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD1eJYdx_vI

And a funny version of the last one...(But I really like the way he plays the guitar!...doesn't sound like that when I do it even though I'm pretty sure I'm using the same chords....there's something that sounds rich in the way he does it..)

• Members

I'm a rhythm guitarist so . . . all of 'em
:D

Okay, I'm done. But seriously, I play lots of rhythm guitar, and that means lots of strummed chords and some flatpicking to make things interesting.

I wish I could say I was a rhythm too! ;)

(I have a lot of practice to do before!!)

At least, today I did a good thing to help me practice more often and outside: I retrieve a shim under my new Tak's bridge saddle. Luckily, there was a shim, nothing to file! Now it's much easier to play. If the weather can get better over here, I'll be able play at the park!

• Members

I've never seen DMB live though but I think it's pretty cool how he drops in a few lyric from Little Feat's "Dixie Chicken" near the end.
:cool:

kwak, your own rendition of this song is so good that you could well put a link to your own video! You version is Itunes worthy!!

• Members

I'm really fond of this one:

There are lots of songs that I try to play but they just do not sound good to my ears (or to my MP3 player...) :idk:

I'm sure it's because I need to practice rhythm patterns with a metronome a lot more!

• Members

For strumming big open chords - I like "Your Move"

You just made me think that I need to search for a Yes song that I heard, I don't remember the title but it sounded very good on an acoustic!!

Archived