NGD: Martin GPCPA3

seagullplayer77

• Members

At last, the wait is over :).

My buddy and I made one final trip to Guitar Center last weekend, and thought the 000-MMV and OM-28 both sounded pretty good, the GPCPA3 took the cake once again. I called My Favorite Guitars and got an excellent price (about 25% off MAP), so I put the order in on Monday during lunch.

I didn't get home until 9:00 last night so I wasn't able to take any pictures then, but I was able to play it and . . . boy. I was pleased. Very pleased. If I'm feeling motivated, I might record some clips later tonight. But the strings are still very new and I'd like to play them in a little so you can actually hear the guitar and not the strings.

The guitar itself is a piece of art. I've looked over it many times, and it's flawless. The binding, the frets, the finish---perfect. And it smells great too! The Richlite fretboard and bridge have some texture, and they actually kind of look like ebony. Overall, I'm absolutely thrilled. This is the nicest guitar I've ever owned by a long shot, and it's unreal.

Enough talk. Time for the pictures:

Martin_1resized.jpg

Martin_2resized.jpg

Martin_3resized.jpg

Martin_4resized.jpg

P6107724resized.jpg

P6107728resized.jpg

P6107731resized.jpg

A new guitar isn't much good without a new strap, so I decided to really spoil myself and get something nice---a suede strap with tooled leather ends from Franklin Strap. It came in today and it complements the rosewood very nicely, so I decided to take a shot of the strap as well:

P6107736resized.jpg

• Members

Thanks for all the kind words (and goats), folks. And thanks also for putting up with all of my "Which guitar should I buy?" threads ;).

Great looking top.

Time to change your moniker.
:)

:lol:

I hadn't thought about that. I don't know . . . I guess I'm too attached to seagullplayer77 to switch it up.

• Members

Thanks for all the kind words (and goats), folks. And thanks also for putting up with all of my "Which guitar should I buy?" threads
;)

Unfortunately, I just got home from setting up for a friend's wedding reception and I'm too tired to record anything right now. And tomorrow, it looks like I'm going to be doing something for the wedding all day, so that's probably a lost cause too. When's the VOM? Sunday, right? Maybe I'll get something up in time.

If not, I want to do a detailed review of the Fishman Aura that's installed on the guitar---do a demo for each mic model, see how they measure up to a real condenser mic, that kind of thing. So everyone will get to hear it eventually
:)

:lol:

I hadn't thought about that. I don't know . . . I guess I'm too attached to seagullplayer77 to switch it up.

Well, change your avatar then.

No big loss. :)

• Members

Congrats! Nice upgrade!

I haven't been paying much attention to these new-fangled models, so I had to look up the specs:

Grand Performance

Total Length 40 3/8"

Body Length 19 3/4"

Body Width 15 3/4"

Body Depth 4 1/2"

I like that size -- a bit bigger and deeper than an OM, but smaller than a mini-jumbo. Looks nice too. :)

Archived