Another victim of Dark Side GAS. NGD; Gibson SG Classic.

Glenn F

• Members

Beautiful guitar! Pretty well flawless, in contrast to my previous experience with Gibson.

This has been my dream electric guitar for many, many years! It is only last year that they became available on this side of the pond.

P1070394.jpg

P1070397.jpg

P1070398.jpg

P1070401.jpg

Cheers, from the Land of the Sith!

Glenn

• Members

Used to have one of those! I LOVED the neck, as I remember it was big and chunky with nice "plus sized" frets. Plus, SGs rocking P-90s are amazing. Only reason I sold it was to finance the purchase of a '67 ES-330, which was a good move for me. Wish I still had both though.

• Members

Thanks, everyone!

I've just been playing it for about an hour or so, running it through Amplitube 3, and it is just WOW! It is so much fun to play. The neck is chunky, which I was a bit skeptical about, but I find that once I adjusted to it, I was able to do runs and licks up and down the neck very smoothly and cleanly. With the right picking/fingering dynamics, this guitar can come close to a Fender tone , or it can be pure clean P-90 Gibson, or it can start freaking smokin' with some gain. The Debl may very well play one of these! :rawk:

Again, the neck gives this guitar the feel of a very solid and professional level instrument. The nitro isn't tacky, the frets are level, binding perfect, and it is quite straight. No dead notes, no buzzing.

Did I say 'WOW!' :love: ?

Archived