NGD!!

rickoshea

• Members

there are 2 people to blame for this ... well, 3 including myself :facepalm:

Knock ... you swine. For keeping me fed with subliminal messages about a J200, then buying a Gibby Songwriter Deluxe. I simply had to try to keep up (although not quite in the same league admittedly :lol:)

Garthy ... for posting his NGD slothead nylon Yammie. My brain doesn't forget things like that mate :facepalm:

Tanglewood DBT DLX EC (catchy title yes) ... a slotty nylon 46 mm nut width thin bodied crossover sorta thing. Cheap as hell, aimed at beginners but one of the nicest sounding and feeling guitars I've ever played. Tanglewood have a wee gem in this one :thu:

TW3.jpg

TW2.jpg

TW1.jpg

• Members

Trust a dentist to give you Gas!

I thought I might have some relief after the recent 10 string, and even more recent 12 string ( not yet fessed up to ).

I love the look of slot heads, and one with no nasty pointy string ends, mmmmmmmm, and that lovely nylon tone that I don't have...

I hope you get great joy from it! ...and learn how to improvise strings for it from worn out shooting heads.

Nigel

• Members

Congratulations, looks interesting

Gotta agree with Garth about reminding me of a Yamaha

General shape Alot like my steel string APX 4A Except for the slot head

DSC_3478dc.jpgTW3.jpg

A little surprised you bought and did not build.

• Members

thanks all ... yup more than a little pleased with this one.

FK - thats exactly the reason behind her. I had a Classical and, although I loved the tone I just didn't enjoy the slab of a fretboard and 52mm nut. The 46mm nut on this one is great, in fact she has a very steel string feel to the neck.

Garthy - I haven't enjoyed a guitar this much for quite a while, its a great idea making these hybrids. I suppose I should really thank you for posting your NGD then :poke: :lol:

Nigel - you need one ;)

Tim - its very similar to the Yamaha's, in fact I believe its made in their Chinese factory. Its all laminate (I think) but damn they squeeze out every bit of tone from her. The fretboard is radiused koi, it just plays like a steel string.

Knock, this psychological torture you've been subjecting me to for several weeks is having its effect. I've started drilling J200 shaped cavities in teeth ... someday, someday :facepalm: (going to see the bank soon re Rorys school, now you know what I'm going to ask :thu::lol:)

As Knock pointed out to me it looks like Tartanlad did a review of this guitar :lol: :

5fBQ1_sH-Bw&feature=related

• Members

Now you are just being silly!:)

That isn't Tart. Tart isn't doing guitar anymore. He is totally preoccupied with his new pet.

Very unusually he has got himself a Gnu.

... But there again Tart is a very unusual guy. He has called it Hawkweye.

Hawkeye the Gnu.

;)

• Members

Now you are just being silly!
:)

That isn't Tart. Tart isn't doing guitar anymore. He is totally preoccupied with his new pet.

Hawkeye the Gnu.

;)

you know Nigel, I've been trying to figure out what the frig you were on about for days here ... finally I've got it :lol: I doubt many of our American friends will though - its a tricky one!

Thanks for the comments all ... she continues to impress, hell I even plugged her in and - well, niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;)

• Members

Now you are just being silly!
:)

Hawkeye the Gnu.

;)

I knew a gnu once, a very intelligent gnu, indeed. In fact, I never knew a gnu who knew as much as that gnu knew!

Archived