TOT _ My Swan Song

Freeman Keller

• Members

Finally! an area where I feel I have some expertise!

I retired several years ago at 53. stocked up on photo and music stuff, a nice big iMac and coasted into a more contented state. I never felt at all devalued by moving from what I was paid to be to who I wanted to be, though there was inevitable guilt from years of conditioning.

Probably the biggest negative is this bizarre kind of fear and uncertainty that comes with 'coming out' as your self, and putting your self and stuff you care about out there.

But with time comes contentment and the relaxation which allows you to stretch your fingers out for those elusive chords, rather than your hand clawing in barely suppressed desire to wrap round some bastards wind pipe.

Relax, take time with the girl you married, she is still there and so are you.

Above all post plenty on your future builds.

Be well and enjoy:thu:

Nicely put! :cool:

• Members

I was thinking about a drill press

Well, don't get one of these. We had one back in the 70s at my workplace, and it was great. Back then it was $175 and worked like a champ.

Today......not so much. The price has more than doubled if it's not on sale and they've cheapened it a lot. Read the "con" reviews. It might look the same........but it's not!

http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-1-2-hp-15inch-drill-press-22900/p-00922900000P

Archived