YES! Pro Tools 8

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You don't like Smack? I usually get good results with it on drums.

That was where I was trying it mostly, trying to get a good snare sound. It was definitely better on drums than on anything else but that still isn't saying much, way too much change to the original tone even when only compressing 2-3, get 5-6 or more and it just sounded awful.

I'd be very surprised if they don't have an upgrade path for M-Audio / M-Powered users....

It should be released in November / December if Digidesign sticks with their usual schedule. I imagine further details on the upgrades will be posted online over the course of the next couple of weeks. As far as M-Audio hardware, I don't know if all the interfaces that worked with PTMP 7.4 will still work with PTMP 8, or even if the Digi 002 series will work, but I really don't see why they wouldn't...

My friend Gus would probably know, and maybe after AES he'll stop in and give us the skinny... :)

• Members
I like Smack! a lot too... the main drawback when using it on an LE system is that one sample of latency - if you're going to use it as a drum buss compressor, you really HAVE to manually adjust for delay compensation or you get phase issues.

How do you manually adjust the delay compensation???? It's There any way to do it????

Will the m-powered version of PT8 be compatible with previous M-Audio interfaces? I'm looking into buying a Firewire 1814, but probably not if it isn't going to support PT8...

Gentlemen:

Unless I am totally wrong, drunk and I got fired without notice (and then I missed a memo somewhere, somehow) all the M-Audio interfaces currently working with Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4 will work on version 8.

You've been informed.

The Mexican

• 2 months later...

When is it projected that Pro tools 8 will be out?

See above ^^^^^ :D

It may be the 17th. It may be the end of the month. As nerol1st said, no one really knows for sure.

The last "official" word I got (direct from Digidesign; and that was a week or two ago, via the phone) was that it wasn't going to be the 10th (or was it the 12th? - whatever the last rumour said it was going to be...), and that they didn't have any official date, but it was due "soon". End of the month was the original semi-official word I got, and then via the phone, I was told that they hoped to have it out before Christmas, but I wasn't given any promises, and can't hold them to that... I was told that the second it was released, I would hear about it.

But remember, things can come up, and last minute SNAFU's as basic as a misprint on the packaging boxes can delay a product release... IOW, as far as I know, it should be out really soon. Maybe it will be on the 17th. That would be supersweet. :) But I'm not banking on that, and if it does come out before Christmas, I'll be a happy camper. As long as it's solid and stable that is. :D I'd rather they took a bit longer and ironed out as many of the bugs as possible than rush it to market too soon just to meet an arbitrary deadline.

• Members

I gotta ask - what's DUC?

Digidesign Users Conference - it's basically just the web forum for ProTools users. duc.digidesign.com is the address, and it's a pretty handy reference tool sometimes. I've solved a couple of issues with help from that forum, and on top of that it's an invaluable resource for anyone looking to build a computer to run ProTools, as the forum members are very good about listing the parts they've used in their machines, what kind of performance they got, if they had any issues, etc.

• Members

I believe not.

Mellowmuse ADA works really well and now has an RTAS version.

I have owned that plug since it was announced.

AMAZING MUST HAVE PLUG FOR LE. :thu:

The RTAS version is even better than the VST one.

Anyhow my copy arrives on the 22nd. Can I get a {censored} yes?

Archived