I hate those bastards at Edwards

• Moderators

I've felt very safe now for a while as I was simply not going to pay to have Gibson on the headstock of an Explorer when the Epi Explorers were such superb value. However none of the Epis did it for me as I lust muchly for the Vintage White Gibson Explorer, so what did those Edwards ESP goddamn sons o bitches do?:mad:

78523_b.gif

And did they made it expensive, cause it's got the usual Seymours and its a lacquer taste.....NOPE:mad: It's bloody cheaper than an Epi, even with shipping and tax:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WHY???

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Look at the E-EX85-LT in the Lacquer taste drop down:mad:

Nice:thu: With the exchange rate to US $$ you can get a used or possibly new Gibby Explorer for about the same price. I bought my nat' finish 06-76 Explorer for $800 brand new. It had been sitting in the store for a while and I think they wanted the room for the new models, thus the deal. I imagine that in your neck of the woods the Gibby prices are pretty expensive though.

Good choice with the Edwards over the Epi. As I mentioned in some other post I tried out some Epi explorers as a backup to my Gibby one. They look the part but thats it. With the Edwards I imagine it is made of African Mahog so that's going to be lightyears ahead (imo) compared to the Epi's as far as getting some Gibby Explorer tones. The low end should be nice on the Edwards.

Another plus us that the Edwards comes in white with a rosewood board. The new Gibby Explorers in white only come with an ebony board.

• Members

Generally email Ishibashi in Japan. Superb and very professional company.

UK and Europe there are better methods than Ishibashi

what are the better methods? I am gassing for a LP at the moment - been looking at the epi in translucent amber, but if its not hugely more expensive (i.e. within about

Archived