I hate those bastards at Edwards

• Members
Well the Explorer might be an Epi-priced deal, but a 335-type for $1,200 doesn't sound like nearly as much of a bargain. Most Epi Dots go for well under $500. Compared to the Gibsons, the Edwards certainly are cheaper (I think the Gibsons are more like $2,000 to $2,500) and if they're every bit as good as the Gibsons then I suppose they're a pretty good deal... but I think "supermodels that are affordable hookers" is relative.
;)

Erm...

I did not pay $1,200. I own the custom blinged up Edwards 335. You could buy the standard version, which is about $80 cheaper, with practically no differences other than cosmetics. (Which is what I wanted to do, but they were out.) I am not a snob, I own and play an Epiphone archtop almost daily; it just doesn't compare to my Edwards. Better hardware, better pickups and an obvious difference in overall quality.

Just a heads up to those of you considering a purchase: The Edwards 335 is solid; not laminate. However, I have not experienced any feedback problems (or any feedback for that matter). It also has a mahogany center block. How much these differences alter the sound is for you to contemplate.

XOXO

- Jokoker

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I've been trying to get a hold of the Ishibashi people for the past week to try and place an order for one of them LPs. I got a reply the first time around, but haven't heard back in a week. Are they generally pretty prompt?

when i actually managed to email to the english-speaking email-address (:lol: ), they always answered by the next business day (which is pretty much immediate, if you consider the time-difference).

so, yeah.

:thu:

• Members

Erm...

I did not pay $1,200. I own the custom blinged up Edwards 335. You could buy the standard version, which is about $80 cheaper, with practically no differences other than cosmetics. (Which is what I wanted to do, but they were out.) I am not a snob, I own and play an Epiphone archtop almost daily; it just doesn't compare to my Edwards. Better hardware, better pickups and an obvious difference in overall quality.

Just a heads up to those of you considering a purchase: The Edwards 335 is solid; not laminate. However, I have not experienced any feedback problems (or any feedback for that matter). It also has a mahogany center block. How much these differences alter the sound is for you to contemplate.

XOXO

- Jokoker

Interesting.....about the solid body spec'. What is the neck made from? They have a couple of dif' versions of the ES-335 over at MF. The Memphis plain ES is spec' out with a mahog' center block. Seems the CS ones come with Maple.

• Members

Sorry if that came across bad. I didn't mean to imply you were a snob... just pointing out that the price on the Ishibashi site (in Yen) works out to $1,200 US. And IF they're anywhere close to $1,200 then it's an apple and oranges comparison with an Epiphone. And, as I pointedly said, I'm SURE they're much nice than any Epi. I wasn't impressed with the few Dots I've tried. Just curious, what did you pay for the Edwards, then? I'm certainly interested in them.

Erm...

XOXO

- Jokoker

• Members

Sorry if that came across bad. I didn't mean to imply you were a snob... just pointing out that the price on the Ishibashi site (in Yen) works out to $1,200 US. And IF they're anywhere close to $1,200 then it's an apple and oranges comparison with an Epiphone. And, as I pointedly said, I'm SURE they're much nice than any Epi. I wasn't impressed with the few Dots I've tried. Just curious, what did you pay for the Edwards, then? I'm certainly interested in them.

Around 130,000.00 yen. So, just over $1,000 for shipping, the guitar and a Navigator hardshell case. A better comparison to the Epiphone line would be the Elite and Elitist series, but even then, Edwards are still a bit cheaper and the specs are completely different.

• Members
I can buy a used Gibson 335 for 1200-1400. For that much scratch that's what I'd go for. At least I'd be able to play it first.

And, what's your point? So can I or anyone who'd want a used guitar. There is always an exception to the used market. How much does a used solid wood Gibson 335 custom go for? Apples to oranges. Again the exception could take precedence, but you've got to know what you are looking for.

Also - Here's a thought: Some people don't live in America. :idea: I can not try out any guitar without buying first.

By the way, my Trademark 60 still hums past 12 O'clock. ;)

• Members

$1K does seem like a good price for what you get, then. Especially if you're not in the US and a lot of brands cost considerably more.

Around 130,000.00 yen. So, just over $1,000 for shipping, the guitar and a Navigator hardshell case. A better comparison to the Epiphone line would be the Elite and Elitist series, but even then, Edwards are still a bit cheaper and the specs are completely different.

• Members
78523_b.gif

And did they made it expensive, cause it's got the usual Seymours and its a lacquer taste.....NOPE:mad: It's bloody cheaper than an Epi, even with shipping and tax:mad:
:mad:

I was checking out the Epiphone Korina Explorer ($500) when I came across your post and immediately fell in love with the Edwards vintage white E-EX-85LT. I'm just wondering where you saw it for cheaper than an Epi. Even $500 is a stretch for me.

Quote for E-EX-85LT :

E-EX-85LT(w' original gig bag)--------------------68,000 JPY ($549)
shipping fee(EMS,insurance included, to USA)------14,000 JPY ($113)
The total-----------------------------------------82,000 JPY ($662)

• Moderators

I was checking out the Epiphone Korina Explorer ($500) when I came across your post and immediately fell in love with the Edwards vintage white E-EX-85LT. I'm just wondering where you saw it for cheaper than an Epi. Even $500 is a stretch for me.

Quote for E-EX-85LT :

E-EX-85LT(w' original gig bag)--------------------68,000 JPY ($549)

shipping fee(EMS,insurance included, to USA)------14,000 JPY ($113)

The total-----------------------------------------82,000 JPY ($662)

Where did you get the quote from?

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_20.php?state=1&cate=1&s_cate=1&brand=57

• Members

^ did you email the address you get when you click "english" at the top of the site?

the form on the website must only go to a japanese-speaking person, as i got no answer from that one, but got an almost immediate answer from the english email address.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
I doubt Gibson would let them sell direct in the US, better guitars for a fraction of the cost?
;)
Buying from Ishibashi in Japan is very safe

Do you give them your credit card information, or do you "wire" it?
I'm going to buy one from them, but I don't know if it is safe or not to share my credit card information. It is tho on paper the cheapest and easiest way.

Archived