I hate those bastards at Edwards

• Members

Is there a company website? I don't seem to be able to find one.

I already have a nice Tokai love rock LP but if I got another I'd like to try the edwards. No frickin way in hell am I paying Gibson's obscene prices.

Hell, I bought an LP standard in the late 70'd that cost a little over 400 bucks. I don't know if that translates to the $2500+ they're chargin now or what though.

The thing that puts me off with edwards is that its shipped all the way from japan. What if somethings off? What a hassle to ship..no?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Yes:cry:
:cry:

Cherry and Tobacco Sunburst

E-SA-125LTS_CH.jpg

I'm just glad they don't have that in natural. I want one eventually, just i want other stuff first.

Oh, and i really like the edwards explorer in natural. But again, i need other stuff first.

Darn GAS!

:thu:

• Members

Is there a company website? I don't seem to be able to find one.

I already have a nice Tokai love rock LP but if I got another I'd like to try the edwards. No frickin way in hell am I paying Gibson's obscene prices.

Hell, I bought an LP standard in the late 70'd that cost a little over 400 bucks. I don't know if that translates to the $2500+ they're chargin now or what though.

The thing that puts me off with edwards is that its shipped all the way from japan. What if somethings off? What a hassle to ship..no?

They pop up on e-bay from sellers that are in-country.

• Members
No sale in the US?!

Ridiculous!

God ive been looking through that Lacquer Taste Series for the last hour.

yeah, most guitar companies give you GAS for one, maybe two guitars (or guys like gibson, PRS, etc. give you GAS for loads of guitars, but then real life enters in and you realise you can afford like one, maybe, every 5 years). Once i saw the edwards site (and more importantly, saw the prices and testimonials from the guys who'd tried them which are like 99% positive), my GAS list about quadrupled in size.

:freak:

• Moderators

what would these better methods be?

:thu:

Some of the best known eBay sellers like mijsixstringkatana, are very accommodating:cool:

There is also a Swiss seller, who keep the LP prices only marginally above what you'd pay to ship it yourself.

Remember when you look at Ishibashi prices to add 2.7% duty and 17.5% vat on the whole cost inc shipping, however some of the Ebay sellers will charge a tad more than Ishibashi and help you with the labelling

• Members

I'm an asshat now:cry:

Well I'm cheering for Ottawa now then, screw Annaheim:mad:

Haha! It was a ... compliment.... yeah. that's it. A compliment!

Btw: Anaheim already won the cup. You're a bit late with your cheering. Oh, and I hate Anaheim with a passion (even though I happen to work in Anaheim). The LA Kings are my hometown team. (And they suck).

• Members

I'm afraid that this may all go away, it's just been too good to be true. I have an ELPT and it quickly became my no. 1, nothing comes close. Now I am scheming to get another behind the wife's back simply to keep it, cherish it and give me a little insurance in case this phenom does go away. I mean, for about $800 to the door from Japan, we can get 8 - 9 lb, long tenon, exquisitly crafted jewels that apparenlty no one has had issues with. When will Edwards wise up and charge more? When will Gibson jump in as the insecure facist they are and try to stop Edwards from kicking their butts in virtually every way??? Please don't let it end :(

Archived