am I the only one here...

jjpistols

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder how many cheap guitars have been sold because of Frets99? :o

I'm not enticed in the least. I've got my tonal bases pretty well covered with the guitars I have. The only time I buy guitars nowadays is if I find a sweet deal on a pawn shop prize. I don't need any more cheap guitars cluttering up my recording space. :o

• Members

Yo....

a. I like Tele shaped guitars.....
b. I like maple necks....
c. I don't have any humbucker guitars and wanted one - but lacked finances
d. I have been GASing for a semi-hollow body for awhile....

Jay's new guitars meet all the above criteria. I'm not thinking they are the second coming or anything, just a good sounding good quality guitar at a very low price. I really liked the previous Xaviere I owned.

And I didn't get the Mentos colors (ordered sparkle red)....

They aren't for everyone, and I'm really not a herd follower. I still don't own a '51 Squier. They are just a lot of what I like in guitars at a stupidly low price (which is nice for my budget right now). It will fit in nicely with what I do with my band...especially if I split the coils on the 'buckers....

• Members

I like the concept of the semihollow-tele. I've got a Xaviere (have had two of the 335s) and I've had a Agile (AL-2000 and played a friends 3500). The Xaviere's were better guitars, IMHO. Based on that, the price, and the fact he offered surf green....I bought one. I'm very curious to see what it's like when it arrives.

• Members

" don't like their Les Paul shaped guitars at all. They're too skinny around the waist and the horn is too pointy."

i thought they were zemantis shaped?

i think the new ones are unique, which probably accounts for for alot of the hype. theres not much of anything like them at any price, so people are curious, and the price is cheap enough to risk.

i like the cream and green teles, dont like the strats or most of the other colours. listening to the sound clips is probably what makes me want one most, just sounds good to me.

and they do look like candy, but i dont see that as a flaw :)

• Members

I've had my finger on the "purchase" button so many times for that one, but always ended up not following through........

....I hate cheap guitars.

I hate spending money for a ego stroking headtsock logo that might make me feel good (for 30 sec), but doesn't sound or play appreciably better.

• Members
Am I the only one here who is NOT in love with these new Xaviere models?

they look like {censored}in Mentos or something to me, yet most of you would probably suck a dick to get one -- what's the attraction? more cheap strats and teles, oh boy

the funniest part is all the folks who have never even touched or seen one are already speculating on how much better the quality is than anything else made in Asia under $1000

another HC frenzy -- maybe I'll pick one up on overstock.com for $60 at xmas time
:lol:

It's the price and the pickups. And I love small hollowbodies.

• Members
But has Frets ever given
any
guitar a bad review??
;):p

Remember the whole 'tone is in the fingers' concept?? Frets is living proof. His is also living proof that if you improve as a player enough, what you play matters a whole lot less than any of us and and custom guitar makers would have is think. But - a great guitar in skilled hands is truly a thing of beauty.

• Members

cheapies are ok, if you know how to make them into decent guitars

the hype is overwhelming on hc tho about cheapies

remember when gibsons were worse guitars than agiles?

i mean, im no gibson lover, will probly never own one, but, honestly, they are good guitars when they arent all {censored}ed up cause of {censored}ty qc

Archived