am I the only one here...

jjpistols

• Members

Am I the only one here who is NOT in love with these new Xaviere models?

they look like {censored}in Mentos or something to me, yet most of you would probably suck a dick to get one -- what's the attraction? more cheap strats and teles, oh boy

the funniest part is all the folks who have never even touched or seen one are already speculating on how much better the quality is than anything else made in Asia under $1000

another HC frenzy -- maybe I'll pick one up on overstock.com for $60 at xmas time :lol:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did not order one, although I can see that this would fill a niche in my collection.

I think that it is a combination of the like of Guitarfetish, GFS pickups and Xavieres in general, along with a glowing review and clips from Frets99 and the responsiveness of Jay in the discussion thread... I am almost convinced to buy one just because of those factors.

If they come back with a color combo I like (and everyone elses' reviews come back as favorable), I would be willing to pick one up.

• Members

Frets had a hand in it... Of course! Some you like... some you dont.... for instance... however nice the SJM seems... I don't like the shape. But I do own a couple SX's.... I like Tele's and the idea of a hollowbody styled tele appealed to me. The color (sonic blue) The price appealed even more.. To each his own ..

Don't hate me cause I'm cheap ....:wave:

• Members

hopefully they are nice guitars and not just hype -- the looks just really kinda leave me flat -- the construction seems interesting, and I am looking forward to reviews after people have had them for awhile -- I am not looking forward to dozens more threads on them in the next week though
;)

Yeah, I'm thinking about starting a NXD sticky thread for everyone to post theirs in so they don't take up the whole freakin front page... :D

Archived