Do you see yourself playing... at 70 years old?

Misha III

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ya, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to still play, unless they are playing for the wrong reasons now.

I don't think it's a question of whether you still want to, more whether you expect you'll still be able to. I don't realistically think I'll be capable of it. I'll WANT to though, of course.

• Members

Did ya really expect anyone to say: "Hm... 70... nah I'll quit before then. This ain't to much fun anyways. Why would I be playing guitar just because I'm retired and have all the time in the world, my friends are all dead and I can't get it up no more? It's not like I'm into guitars anyway, this forum really sucks."

:D

• Members
I plan on playing some serious "metal up your f'in ass" at age 70. NO WAY will I ever quit. Hell no

I wonder about that sort of thing with the heavier stuff. Like 40 years from now, I know I'll be playing (if I'm still alive), but what? Will I still crank up the distortion on a 5150 and play some old Megadeth? I know I'll still try to whip out some rockabilly or hard rock stuff, but not sure about the heavier stuff I liked in my teens and twenties.

It's hard to imagine. Sure, I can imagine older people today still digging on playing old Chuck Berry stuff, but will today's youth whip out their guitars to play death/thrash/black metal 40-50 years from now?:confused:

• Members

I dunno, I'm 50 now and still jamming pretty hard. As long as I can play, I will play.

I was thinking this the other night. I'm 51 and just got back into playing a the last few years. I'm really enjoying it and playing regularly with a group of guys, some who are older than I am.

I hope that when they find me dead I am slumped over a guitar and they have to pry my fingers off of the fretboard.

• Members

thought about this alot - I can see us at the rest home, telling those nurses to "turn up the Led Zeppelin, I can't hear it!!!!" - hopefully, that's after say 90 years old - or so - when will they have a Sun City that has an amplifier room, stage and recording studio as amenities - to hell with the golf country club, let's do a music country club!

Archived