NGD - fender american deluxe strat

eflat

• Members

I love this thing already . . . the finish is gorgeous, perfectly set up when I got it, vintage pickups sound amazing - awesome!

mystrat.jpg

mystrat2.jpg

strat3.jpg

Not so sure about these inlays at the minute. ..maybe they'll grow on me, and there's not much I can do anyway I spose.

strat8.jpg

Had trouble with the clip-in whammy bar, kept swinging around, but then I realised you just have to stop being a {censored} and clip it in quite hard :D

strat5.jpg

• Members

Happy NGD!

I have the same one, but with the maple board. Did they just recently do away with the heel contour?? I noticed that one has the standard square plate..

Edit: No S-1 switch either?

Yeah they must have done. . .this is an '01 strat. Nope, no S-1 switch, and the pickups are american vintage fenders, not noiseless ones!

:wave:

• Members

Yeah they must have done. . .this is an '01 strat. Nope, no S-1 switch, and the pickups are american vintage fenders, not noiseless ones!

:wave:

The current American Deluxe Stratocaster was introduced January 2004. The contoured heal, S-1 switch and the noiseless pick ups must have been introduced at that time.

• Members

Thanks guys. It [she? don't know yet ;)] plays really nice. Mr songwriter - yeah its in great condition, went over it as soon as I got it and can't find anything wrong at all, I'm very impressed with the sound, too!

Archived