HOT DEALS Thread: NO SPAM!!

Mazi Bee

• Members

"List price", which is sure to be inflated nonsense, is only $300. I would not expect this to be a good deal at $160.

Uh, this was my original comment to the original post. The original post showed a guitar, didn't list any info at all about the guitar, and mentioned it was $160. My response was to provide additional info, as available on Overschlock's website, along with an experienced guess at the value (or not) of the guitar.

Since the OP provided nothing but the picture and link, and he didn't even explicitly claim it was a good deal, I am not sure what people are getting all hot and bothered about. Essentially, I provided additional info about the guitar that, along with some experience in these matters (cheap guitars, inflated list prices, Overschlock's product mix) that would help determine if this no-name guitar was a deal.

If you think my comment lacks civility, then please be specific.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Uh, this was my original comment to the original post. The original post showed a guitar, didn't list any info at all about the guitar, and mentioned it was $160. My response was to provide additional info, as available on Overschlock's website, along with an experienced guess at the value (or not) of the guitar.

Since the OP provided nothing but the picture and link, and he didn't even explicitly claim it was a good deal, I am not sure what people are getting all hot and bothered about. Essentially, I provided additional info about the guitar that, along with some experience in these matters (cheap guitars, inflated list prices, Overschlock's product mix) that would help determine if this no-name guitar was a deal.

If you think my comment lacks civility, then please be specific.

It made me cry a little bit, but I'll get over it. :poke:

• Members

Indeed that is beneficial- thanks for the code!

Edit: any restrictions for the code that you know about? The reason I ask is that I got 2 different 10% offers via e-mail that specifically exclude books, music, and games...

I'm sorry, but I don't know if there are restrictions.

• Members

It seems we are beginning to resemble a news network without any news. Useless stories reviewed from every angel by experts who really don't care much about it... but there is nothing else to talk about.

WHERE ARE THE DEALS! Have the wells gone dry? Alas, I am no help either as the only good deal I know about is a sale on banana's at my local Walmart.

• Members

Guitar Rig 2 for $200 at Sam Ash, including the foot controller.

I'm actually going to sell mine and was going to ask $200 for it, so its a bad time to sell mine but it's a very nice deal for anyone interested in GR2.

• Members

Guitar Rig 2 for $200 at Sam Ash, including the foot controller.

I'm actually going to sell mine and was going to ask $200 for it, so its a bad time to sell mine but it's a very nice deal for anyone interested in GR2.

NI was doing a free upgrade to GR3 if you bought GR2 after september of last year, it may still be going on. They won't upgrade the controller, but the SW is where you get the major changes anyway.

• Members

EDIT: 3/3/08 1:22PM PST - LINK IS NOW DEAD - APPEAR TO HAVE SOLD OUT

Cheapest hard case I've seen in quite a while...

$29.99 @ WWBW + (SuperSaver shipping - $4.95)

http://www.wwbw.com/Fullerton-Molded-Rectangular-Electric-Case--(Closeout)-i245518.music

Fullerton Molded Rectangular Electric Case (Closeout)
Item Number: 245518 | Model: 1103

Strong and durable, this series of Fullerton cases are made of high-impact plastic with aluminum framing designed to protect your instrument for the long haul. Interior features soft, black plush lining and accessory compartment. Fits most common solidbody electrics.

245518.jpg

245518_Open.jpg

• Members

Strong and durable, this series of Fullerton cases are made of high-impact plastic with aluminum framing designed to protect your instrument for the long haul. Interior features soft, black plush lining and accessory compartment. Fits most common solidbody electrics.

Definitely HOT price on a decent molded case. I wouldn't expect this one to last long. Still in stock as of this moment...

• Members

Thanks for the heads-up on that, I managed to get one ordered before they all went bye-bye.

• Members

Glad some of the members here could get in on the Fullerton case deal. Been lurking for awhile but haven't had anything worthwhile to contribute till now. You guys have saved me mucho dinero in the past.

(I'm in SoCal and by the time I usually get online, the SDOTD is sold out, all the east coast guys have read their email - scoured the clearance & sale pages - and posted the deals before I'm even half awake.)

• Members
My local Guitar Center has a used ESP LTD EC-1000 deluxe series in amber sunburst for $500. Street price on this guitar new is around $879.

This model features Seymour Duncan JB/59 Zebra pickups, a set-neck design, Mahogany body and neck, a Rosewood fingerboard, ESP's excellent TonePros System II locking bridge, and 24 extra jumbo frets. GC has given it 5 stars so it may be worth looking into.

104694173_lg.jpg

• Members
I just went to WWBW and checked out the clearance section. I bought one of these for $15.99. These type usually sell for atleast $40:

http://www.wwbw.com/Mainline-GAS-20-Amplifier-Stand-(Closeout)-i331423.music

99042f.jpg

I want one of these, but, I dunno. I doubt its ability to hold my Peavey classic 50. It's within the stand's weight limit, but still, I'd always feel uncomfortable, just waiting for the stand to snap and send my amp crashing to the floor.

I'm a worrier. :(

• Members

i bought a couple of these about a year ago...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Deluxe-Amp-Stand?sku=451065

494990.jpg

holds my Peavey Classic 30 and Marshall TSL122 212 with no problems what so ever... The Marshall is a beast but it sits there nicely...

goodweekhl3.jpg

looks like the model I bought from MF have dropped in price too, I think I paid $29.99... :mad:

Archived