What's your favourite 'cheap' electric?

butterknucket

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
100_2317.jpg

Another Matao, $100 w/ hsc, like new & plays great. This must've sat in someone's closet for years...

Damn... I've got 4 tabs open in Firefox, flipping between them, and for a second I thought I was in the SPAM thread and you were offering... now I've got two PM windows open on you...

• Members

XV-500. It was on sale as a blem, so I got it even cheaper than they normally run. It just sounds great and is fun to play. I have since bought two other Xaviere guitars (semi hollow Tele and Strat) and I really like them all. The 500 is still my favorite.

I have an LTD M-100FM that runs a very close second.

Can't believe I haven't joined this thread yet!!

Peavey Raptor Plus, bone stock $50

PeAVEYrAPTOR01.jpg

First Act Paul Westerberg sig, stock $89

Westerberg01.jpg

Peavey Gen Ex tele with BG pickups. under $255 altogether

PeaveyBG01.jpg

Xaviere XV870 with Neovin Pickups, under $300 altogether.

Xaviere02-1.jpg

Squier 51 with added horseshoe tremelo, $99 altogether.

5102.jpg

Godin SD Stock $202

Godinfront.jpg

And a host of honorable mentions!!

• Members

It would be one of these teles that I built myself. I think I have about $350 in parts in the one on the right. The one on the left I just finished using parts I had laying around. I'm also pretty fond of the strat (partscaster) that you can see a corner of in the picture.
CIMG0423.jpg

• Members
Eeee Yup. Another Agile! These pics aren't the greatest but I'm too sore to take my own.

I've had it a week and I love the neck and body size. The ceramic pickups sound surprisingly good. They are smooth and responsive with growl when you want it. Of course that could be the Champion 600. ;) The 600 gets bashed a lot at HCEG but it sounds fine in my home office.

Agile AS820 > DigiTech RP250 > Champion 600.

• Members

Damn... I've got 4 tabs open in Firefox, flipping between them, and for a second I thought I was in the SPAM thread and you were offering... now I've got two PM windows open on you...

LOL, no, those are part of my "stable", LOL... these Mataos are great guitars if you can pick one up. I'm currently looking for the telecaster model...

Archived