Am I losing my mind?

• Members

Hey Everyone-

Sorry, I wasn`t trying to throw water on Dans passion. I apologize Dan. I`m not a "car person" and I don`t like the color yellow.:eek:

You`ve got to enjoy life as much as possible and if a yellow vette brings you happiness, go for it. Personally, I`d splurge on some gear. :lol:

G.A.S. yeah, I got it too...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and on the other side of life, that money could go to something like....oh, helping illiterate adults to read, a donation to a children's hospital, playground equipment for the local school, a campaign donation to barack obama....there are countless ways to spend money, and sometimes you can even do some good with it.

• Members
z06.jpg

I will be looking at purchasing a 2002 Corvette Z06 similar to the one in the picture. At 52 and with the U.S. dollar so low I may never get this close to owning one ever again. I've wanted a corvette since I was 15.

If I can get a decent price from my insurance man?

Dan

Wouldn

• Members

At last the guilt trip. I am amazed no posts about the gas guzzling V8. :thu:

Too many people were being supportive.

IF you want it, absolutely buy the thing. if it is something that will bring you joy, do it.

• Members

I'm 30 and I've felt that way since I was a teen.

Ha! Well, when you hit 40, let us know if it got any better. ;)

And I was just kidding. If he wants the Vette, he should get it. He could also get a few tats, a nose piercing, and a 19-yo girlfriend for all I care. :D

• Members

Did he lose it, yet?

No it is just CORVETTE FEVER. Craig I will get that review done when I'm better.

No actually there are a lot of angles to look at especially because I'm going to try and import mine from Michigan. This is a very time consuming process, checking Vin # , and hunting on the web setting up test drives...etc.

Dan

• Members

large_corvette_rear.jpg

LOSING MY MIND

(Stephen Sondheim)

The sun comes up,

I think about you.

The coffee cup,

I think about you.

I want you so,

It's like I'm losing my mind.

The morning ends,

I think about you.

I talk to friends,

I think about you.

And do they know?

It's like I'm losing my mind.

All afternoon,

Doing ev'ry little chore,

The thought of you stays bright.

Sometimes I stand

In the middle of the floor,

Not going left,

Not going right.

I dim the lights

And think about you,

Spend sleepless nights

To think about you.

You said you loved me,

Or were you just being kind?

Or am I losing, losing my mind?

• Members

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

I had a 240Z in college...lots of fun!!!! Sort of a Japanese Corvette.

I think I want a convertible 12-banger Jaguar, maybe the old F-series. I say this because I literally, physically cannot fit into a '62 Corvette. Dang, were people only five feet tall back then? :D

• Members

My first waste of money was a BMW M3 in 1997.

My second second childhood was a 2005 Mazda RX-8. Although a great car and I loved it, my torn meniscus in my left knee made it difficult to shift and I had to give it up. Now at 56 y/o, I have come to my senses. I got a 2007 Prius, not for the environment but because I saw $5 gas on the horizon.

My advise about the Vette:

Rent one for the weekend and get it out of your system. Then invest in some really great music hardware.:idea:

• Members

My first waste of money was a BMW M3 in 1997.

My second second childhood was a 2005 Mazda RX-8. Although a great car and I loved it, my torn meniscus in my left knee made it difficult to shift and I had to give it up. .
:idea:

5 years ago I was test driving an old RX7. They are also very nice.

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hmmm, you're 52 and suddenly want a sports car.

Individuals experiencing a mid-life crisis are said to have some of these feelings:

- search of an undefined dream or goal

- a deep sense of remorse for goals not accomplished

- desire to achieve a feeling of youthfulness

- need to spend more time alone or with certain peers

;)

I've been that way since I was 17...:confused:

• Members

Financially and environmentally irresponsible, IMO...but hey...

Whatever floats your boat.

If I had the money for a Vette, I'd go to the Honda dealer, and buy myself that Element SC, I've been eyeing, and buy my wife a CR-V.

Then I would go to Guitar Center, and buy me a Yamaha Motif XS-6 , and still have money left over.

• Members

Financially and environmentally irresponsible, IMO...but hey...

Whatever floats your boat.

I don't know about the environmental part. Yesterday in 6th gear @63mph on the highway it told me that I was getting 37.8 miles per gallon! (That is using cruise control.)

This was a USED 2002 vehicle with only 15,000 miles and 1/2 the price of a new one.

Dan

• Members

I don't know about the environmental part. Yesterday in 6th gear @63mph on the highway it told me that I was getting 37.8 miles per gallon! (That is using cruise control.)

This was a USED 2002 vehicle with only 15,000 miles and 1/2 the price of a new one.

Dan

Drive through downtown Detroit (or even Windsor) during rush hour and see what kind of mileage you get.

Seriously, though...enjoy it.

I simply have no use for impractical vehicles.

Archived