Am I losing my mind?

• Members

Wow..quite the post Cooter.

I have a Honda Fit and a Toyota Prius in my household. I would LOVE to own a Vette, but simply cannot afford it. Anyone who categorizes all vehicles by practicality misses the point of it. Les Pauls and Marshall stacks are not practical, but they make you feel GOOD and are fun....

You go TechC.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always wanted a Victrola. Since I was a kid and saw the RCA pic. I got one 3 or 4 years ago. I love it, even after the spring broke and it doesn't play records anymore (gotta fix). But I love it. It's a personal thing. Sometimes when I'm reading I look cross the room at it and think...
that' cool!

Buy the vette.

I pulled this thing out of a condemmed building that the band had been practicing in. I'm fascinated with it. It's in nice condition, but it needs a spring. In fact the barrel is missing :(

It's what at the time would have been considered a cheap import. Swiss, Maestrophonic. Being an off brand, I haven't been able to locate a spring. Since it's not worth a lot of money I'd be willing to rebuild the motor plate and relocate the crank handle if necessary.

If anybody has any ideas I would love to hear them. :idk:

• Members

I have a Honda Fit and a Toyota Prius in my household.

How do you like the Fit? I'm thinking of getting one eventually.

I would LOVE to own a Vette, but simply cannot afford it. Anyone who categorizes all vehicles by practicality misses the point of it. Les Pauls and Marshall stacks are not practical, but they make you feel GOOD and are fun....

But sports cars are an awful lot more costly to own and maintain than Les Pauls and Marshall stacks. I have a couple of LP's and some nice tube amps and once I've bought them, they've given me years of pleasure without any real additional or ongoing cost.

Like a lot of folks in this thread I simply don't get the appeal of sports cars. OK, they're fast. Big whoop. How often will you really get the chance to drive them like they're meant to be driven? Most times you'll just be stuck in traffic like everybody else, burning a crapload of $4 a gallon gas, and meanwhile you've got high car payments and ridiculously high insurance. And ridiculous repair bills if anything goes wrong too. Like someone else said, why not just rent one for the weekend every now and then, go someplace where you can really drive it, have all the fun and not have to assume the responsibility for it. Spend the money you saved on something else fun.

But whatever... just my 2 cents.

• Members

The fit is great. I cannot think of a better gigging musicians small car, with the possible exception of a Scion Xb. You HAVE to sit in one and drive it. You will not believe how much room it has. Highly recommended.

Sportscars are just fun...But the closest thing I have ever owned was my 67" Camaro. I had a Kharmann Ghia for a while, which was slow, but everything seemed faster cause it was .5 inches off the ground...

And, the Prius is great too, but the Fit holds 4 times as much cargo. The Fit is light and fun to drive, the Prius is more of a mini- land yacht feel to it.

I have two gripes about the Fit...Very low to the ground, and my knee gets hurting, as I am 6-1 and gotta climb out of it, and the factory does not offer roof racks or tow hitches ( for bikes only). They are changing to the new body in 09, so you might want to wait until Fall.

Archived