The Love/Hate/Apology/Anger Thread

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, 3 pages and I just stumble in.
Sean, I appreciate the apology, but I think you're kinda harsh on yourself. I never thought you said anything hurtful. I have a thick enough skin to weed through the sarcasm here on HC and don't take it personnal.
When I post pics of my gear, it's fueled by my passion & pride and this IS a music/gear website. So, why not.
As far as asking value or stating the price of gear purchased, I don't intend it as a brag or a put down. There are many times when HC'er's have asked how much? In the past, I've mentioned the date and time of Russo Music's Tent Sale where I've gotten great deals. I've mentioned that seeing Benny Cintioli, owner of Cintioli's in Philly, is the way to get the best deal.
I'm not keeping that info to myself. I'm speading the news.

I haven't been on HC as often because I'm spending more time practicing. Given the current sucky economy, I'm trying to get my playing back up to snuff (remember, I had Cubital Tunnel Syndrome & elbow surgery) to where I can justify the $'s I'll ask for doing solo gigs.

Again, thanks for the apology Sean. You're not the pain in the ass you think you are.

• Moderators

Again, thanks for the apology Sean. You're not the pain in the ass you think you are.

Lou, sometimes it's just important to do what one considers the right thing,and I know in my mind that some of my comments have not been posted with appropriate sentiment.

After my recent poor behaviour in a an alcohol fuelled state, I been makin one or two amends, so I didn't see why here should be any different.

Thanks for the magnanimity tho:thu:

I will behave better in future;)

• Moderators
Well..thats the end of this thread then!

Maybe we need a Bbreaker pic to end it!!

I did try and get Lou to buy this;)

He seems to be one of the lovers of these beasts on this forum, although I know Heather AP has one too

http://www.music-trade.co.jp/f_80020782carte.html

$1100 for anybody who'd fancy it:)

DSCN5086.jpg
DSCN5089.jpg

• Moderators

Sean, you are a good person and one I consider a friend.

What you've done takes courage, and you have that in spades.

Learning to eat humble pie is at least as good a lesson as never steppin out of line and not pissin people off.

I still gotta try and remove the hurt from my eldest son who has some temper issues as a result of his parents battlings and my last few vodka fuelled episodes.

Still amends to be made

• Members

FWIW Bbreaker has gotten under my skin too. Too many threads about the price of everything and the value of nothing. I love guitars but all this talk concentrated soley on what the latest vintage Gibson sold for (and what he paid for HIS 5 years ago) can get old and boring. It's not jealousy either. It's just annoying to see stuff you love reduced to an investment vehicle like that's their only value worth talking about.

Actually if you buy a guitar he owns for a lot less than he sees it for on Gbase he will get pissed off at you and ignore you only to take cheap shots at you whenever the opportunity arises.

He wanted to be the only person on Harmony Central to own a Gibson Lonnie Mack V and he liked to brag about how it's worth 6 grand and how it's rare. I found one for 3 grand (and lets face it in this bad economy it's a $3,000 guitar, these guitars aren't exactly flying off the shelves at 5 or 6 grand) and he was pissed because now his $6,000 guitar is only worth $3,000 so it's my fault.

The other thing is a year or two ago almost every single post mentioned how he had bad GAS for a Gibson ES-5 switchmaster but he didn't have the $$$. I go out and purchase an ES-5 switchmaster and I never ever hear him bring up the ES-5 switchmaster again.

I don't think that's a coincidence.

• Moderators

Actually if you buy a guitar he owns for a lot less than he sees it for on Gbase he will get pissed off at you and ignore you only to take cheap shots at you whenever the opportunity arises.

He wanted to be the only person on Harmony Central to own a Gibson Lonnie Mack V and he liked to brag about how it's worth 6 grand and how it's rare. I found one for 3 grand (and lets face it in this bad economy it's a $3,000 guitar, these guitars aren't exactly flying off the shelves at 5 or 6 grand) and he was pissed because now his $6,000 guitar is only worth $3,000 so it's my fault.

The other thing is a year or two ago almost every single post mentioned how he had bad GAS for a Gibson ES-5 switchmaster but he didn't have the $$$. I go out and purchase an ES-5 switchmaster and I never ever hear him bring up the ES-5 switchmaster again.

Don't use this thread for your own pissiness, whatever I think about Lou's ways or attitudes, your in no position to get smug, so maybe piping down would be a good idea for you:thu:

• Members

cool - so you wanna be Bbreaker, and now you've told us all :rolleyes:

Archived