The Love/Hate/Apology/Anger Thread

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Moderators

In the past I have been less than charitable in some of my posts in some threads that Bbreaker Lou has started or participated in.

I did this for a variety of reasons in my head, and in some cases fuelled by a few Scotch's but I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologise for this less than desirable behaviour.

My ego has been much diminshed of late, and while I am rebuilding my confidence I sincerely hope I can cast off some of my former arrogance along the way.

I would be very happy if any of you poke me if I come across in an inappropriate way.

I will continue to rail against ignorance, don't get me wrong, but I need to be a tad more charitable.

I hope Lou will accept this apology in the manner in which it was intended.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Sean, you're a mature, kind, awesome bro as usual.

But dang! What'd I miss?

In quite a few of Bbreakers threads and some threads he participated in I made some pretty {censored}ty sideways comments and innuendos. Nothing blatant, but in some ways all the more inappropriate due to their snidey nature.

I'm sorta doing some "Spiritual housekeepin"

• Moderators

Hey Sean,

Everybody here likes you, I'm sure Bbreaker holds no grudges.

Hopefully not everyone, there are some here that i don't even wanna be liked or even thought about by.

Don't get me wrong Tom, I'm not about to sprout wings and become Seany Creamcheese, but {censored}ty sniping behaviour is not something I should be doing to Lou, who in all honesty does no harm to anyone.

Fact is I'm in the wrong and I need to say so.

Normal service will and indeed has been resumed

• Members

LOL, Sean you have a good sense of humour and I admire you working to better yourself. We all ought to aspire to do so. I know a lot of personal circumstances have brought you to this point, but your handling it like a man will inspire others to do so as well.

Cheers

• Members

FWIW Bbreaker has gotten under my skin too. Too many threads about the price of everything and the value of nothing. I love guitars but all this talk concentrated soley on what the latest vintage Gibson sold for (and what he paid for HIS 5 years ago) can get old and boring. It's not jealousy either. It's just annoying to see stuff you love reduced to an investment vehicle like that's their only value worth talking about.

Carry on.

• Moderators

FWIW Bbreaker has gotten under my skin too. Too many threads about the price of everything and the value of nothing. I love guitars but all this talk concentrated soley on what the latest vintage Gibson sold for (and what he paid for HIS 5 years ago) can get old and boring. It's not jealousy either. It's just annoying to see stuff you love reduced to an investment vehicle like that's their only value worth talking about.

Carry on.

I cannot disagree with any of what you say. However I do not believe that my approach did justice to either myself or to this place, and certainly achieved nothing.

There are many different personalities on this board, and many different approaches to "guitaring" (is that even a word):confused:

We all share a love, and we all work within a framework, that is guided by our perceptions and experiences, and sometimes, because we are all very diverse those perceptions of our gear, the way we use it and the way others see us in relation to our gear diverge, and I think it's at that stage that we bite our lip, or be man enough to come straight out and say it the way you just have, not in the snipey backstabby way I did.

I guess that's really what I'm apologising for

Carry on.

Too easy to focus on that part. Lou's a player who's been out doing it for ... well, just as long as I have and that's a lot of years. I know he appreciates the quality of his instruments as guitars even more than their investment worth. But that's not an insignificant part of his collection either. As I understand it, he's self employed. These guitars also represent an investment in his retirement. A lot more fun than dropping cash in plain vanilla 401ks that are lately the subject of a rather significant decrease in value.

Archived