The Love/Hate/Apology/Anger Thread

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Moderators

Is is just me or is the drama level around EG just a little over the top these days?

Oh why not just {censored} off and fall under a train?

I'm apologising in public as a way of making amends to somebody I feel I've done an injustice to, what's your {censored}ing problem?

[NOTE: See? That's the way to be straight up and not snipey]

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Too easy to focus on that part. Lou's a player who's been out doing it for ... well, just as long as I have and that's a lot of years. I know he appreciates the quality of his instruments as guitars even more than their investment worth. But that's not an insignificant part of his collection either. As I understand it, he's self employed. These guitars also represent an investment in his retirement. A lot more fun than dropping cash in plain vanilla 401ks that are lately the subject of a rather significant decrease in value.

Let us hope that the crash doesn't bring down his wood-and-wire 401K like it did the paper ones...:(

• Members

And Gallagher. As we say in the States - one "aw {censored}" cancels two "attaboys".:poke:

I assume you're assigning blame for the comedian "Gallagher" (an American of Irish heritage), not giving credit for "Rory Gallagher" the great Irish born guitar player.

To balance your theorem of "One negative cancels-out two positives", I would offer-up the great Van Morrison.

• Members

FWIW Bbreaker has gotten under my skin too. Too many threads about the price of everything and the value of nothing. I love guitars but all this talk concentrated soley on what the latest vintage Gibson sold for (and what he paid for HIS 5 years ago) can get old and boring. It's not jealousy either. It's just annoying to see stuff you love reduced to an investment vehicle like that's their only value worth talking about.

Carry on.

This is a problem of the internet, without having met the person posts like that can be seen in a light not intended by the author. Having met Lou and had the chance to jam with him, I can safely say with confidence that he does not see his guitars foremost as investments. But I've also seen some posts of his that I could easily see get misconstrued.

Lou and Sean are two of my many favorite guys here, and here Sean has once again proved what a good guy he is. Good onya to him.

• Members
This is what makes this forum a better place. I admire the strenght one needs to admit past mistakes and apologize. My hat goes to you, Sean.
:thu:

Well said. That takes a great deal of class and maturity. Although I do suddenly find myself craving Scotch.

• Members
Is there a difference?
:)

:eek:

Yeah... one tastes like piss and the other tastes like beer-flavored piss.

:thu:

For what it's worth, I respect your apology. Sometimes good folks rub each other the wrong way. In real life, we can press charges. (I know... lame joke.) On the internet, it usually turns into a two year hostility.

• Members

I admit that Lou's collection is amazing and can come across all snorkely. But I met and hung out with Lou's last summer while he was in my parts and he is very humble about how he came across most of his guitars. Many he has had a long time, others he was in the right place/right time.

It is hard to get a clear picture of people from just what they type here, but if most of you ever got to meet Lou you would get a kick out of hanging out with him as much as I did.

Cool of you to come on here and say what you did Ratae.

• Members

I admit that Lou's collection is amazing and can come across all snorkely. But I met and hung out with Lou's last summer while he was in my parts and he is very humble about how he came across most of his guitars. Many he has had a long time, others he was in the right place/right time.

It is hard to get a clear picture of people from just what they type here, but if most of you ever got to meet Lou you would get a kick out of hanging out with him as much as I did.

Cool of you to come on here and say what you did Ratae.

Thanks for the perspective Marc.

All I see is carpet-bombing of threads with pictures, sometimes totally out of context.

• Members

You also gave us Thin Lizzy and Gary Moore.

We gave you Strats, Teles, and Les Pauls.

We'll call it even.

Stiff Little Fingers, anyone? The Pogues? Half of My Bloody Valentine. Much obliged. And thanks for Beckett and Joyce.

In return, The Ramones, jazz (and therefore blues, soul, hip-hop).

Country music is a re-gift from the Irish, Scottish, and English immigrants and their folk music. We'll split that, 'mkay?

Archived