Clear All

• Junior Brown does Surf

Country Surf ?

Fantastic.
    He has escaped! Youtube , ‚ÄčMurika , France

Comment

I've alway liked his playing.

Comment

Tons o' fun! My Thai buddy and I play those same tunes (not as well) some days here on beach in Thailand. Like pulling teeth to get him to listen to originals like Secret Agent Man. What the heck, the Russian tourists seem to like it.
        I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
        Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

Junior Brown's the read deal.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
          - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
          - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
          - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by gardo View Post
            Country Surf ?
            Although Brown plays such neotraditional country styles as honky-tonk, Western swing, etc., few of his performances will finish without some blues and Tex-Mex tunes playing as well as surf rock instrumentals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_Brown

A nice selection of styles IMO. I wish more artists were as eclectic.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
            - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

In a world of imitators he's an original

Comment

Junior Brown does Hendrix too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac1ESii5-oY

Last edited by Phil O'Keefe; 02-19-2018, 10:20 AM. Reason: Edited to embed the video for you. :)
                Death leaves a heartache no one can heal
                Love leaves a memory no one can steal

Comment

Ernest Tubb + Jimi Hendrix = Junior Brown
                  "I don't flatten my 5th's..........I drink em !"
                  "The Mighty Telecaster: The "Polygraph" Of Electric Guitars!"

Comment

Saw this guy 15 years ago at a club in Alexandria, VA.
                    I sat about 20 feet from him while he played....I WAS STUNNED !
                    This guy played "The Guitar Bible" from beginning to end.
                    Watching this guy play, I was sweating more than him & he was on stage under lights.
                    Afterwards I got to meet him & it was like an audience with The Pope.
                    I was looking for "a ring to kiss", I was nervous, scared & completely blown away.
                    To this day I have never seen anybody "attack" the Guitar the way Junior Brown does.
                    Jazz, Country Swing, Surf, Blues...whatever.....JUNIOR BROWN IS A MONSTER !
                    Last edited by bernardo gui; 03-08-2018, 05:53 AM.
                    "I don't flatten my 5th's..........I drink em !"
                    "The Mighty Telecaster: The "Polygraph" Of Electric Guitars!"

Comment

Originally posted by bernardo gui View Post
                      Ernest Tubb + Jimi Hendrix = Junior Brown
                      I never really thought about it like that, but that's a good way to describe him!

- George Carlin

Comment

Yep, I've seen that Junior Brown video before and enjoyed it. He plays 3 surf style songs there that I've played for some time, but of course he makes me feel like my renditions are that of a novice in comparison. Diamond Head, Perfidia, Telstar, and Surf Rider are also some of my faves. I also struggle with Misirlou from time to time. I think that one is hard to play without some beefy strings on the high end.
                        A '57 Classic, MIJ from USA parts.
                        HCEG Existentialism: I buy guitars, therefore, I am.
                        Well Dick, it's got a good beat, and I could dance to it, so I give it a 10!
                        I have opinions of my own,strong opinions but I don't always agree with them.

Comment

Working...
                        X