New Guitar Day She's A Beauty

belleswell

• Members

I had not bought a guitar in over a year. I thought I was getting better. Then, a couple

weekends ago,I had a relapse.

It's a LP Axcess. One that has been on my wish list for some time.

Just for grins and giggles, I posed it beside my Agile semi-custom for some comparison.

Some of the things the Agile has that the Custom Gibson does not are an ebony fb,

triple binding, 24 frets, neck through design. They both are great instruments, but considering they both are custom shop, you

would expect them to be.The Gibson has push/pull pots for splitting the coils. The Agile does not. Both are great guitars, although the one thing I really like about the AL3xxx over the Axcess is the price.

Cheers, J

NGD%20Case_zps347daopj.jpg~original

IMG_0008_zpsbmefehfz.jpg~original

IMG_0006_zpsudfo9qqw.jpg~original

IMG_0009_zpst5gqp7ne.jpg~original

IMG_0003_zpsh9yhf1xp.jpg~original

Recorded with the Agile

http://soundcloud.com/belleswell/non-cover-cover-d

• Members

Thanks guys. I've been playing it a lot since I got it and must say, its very much a keeper. Very hard to put her down once I start playing.

Nice guitars for sure but you might want to have them checked . There's a strange growth of some sort on the bridge. This could turn into an epidemic if it's left go to long.

They may be just glad to see one another. Oh no, does this mean both these

are gay? (not that there is anything wrong with that). lol

I have quite a few guitars in my collection and more have wiggle sticks than not. When I'm playing one with out one, I find myself occasionally reaching for it, only to realize that the one I'm playing doesn't have one.

Very nice! HNGD.

Is the agile a longer scale length or is it just the perspective in the pics?

When I ordered the Agile, which was a semi-custom order, I opted for the 24 fret neck, which because of the extra couple of frets, decided to get the 25.5 inch scale as opposed to the 24.75 inch. The head stock is also larger on the Agile which increases its overall length.

The perspective is correct in the pic. The Agile has a longer scale and is also longer overall.

I have two other Lesters. One standard, and one 60s tribute. Both without wiggle sticks and I love them all.although I would definitely

say this Axcess model is nicer than my other two.

Cheers, J

• Members
Alex Lifeson no? Looks like that Agile can hang in the looks department at least. Congrats and enjoy.

Thanks. It is an Axcess, but not the sig model that Alex uses. His has a piezo

pup built into the bridge and two 1/4 inch jacks. One for the normal pups and the

other for the piezo. This one I have is still custom shop, but without the peizo.

The 3rd type of Axcess is Floyd less for those that prefer that style.

Cheers, J

A couple of better pics of the Agile 3/4 maple top.

IMG_0038_zps8ff02a73.jpg~original

IMG_0037_zps88404147.jpg~original

A closer pic of the Axcess Top

IMG_0005_zpsnaopfcwk.jpg~original

http://soundcloud.com/belleswell/ngd-phryg-jam

• Members

Sweet fiddle!

And I must be in the minority I love the FLoyd on that. Of course, I am an Alex Lifeson fan. I am also a a Neal Schon fan- he uses a LP/Floyd too. For me it's about more than just a wang bar. Once it's dialed in, the tuning stability is superior. I also like the large flat platform for my palm, it's a very different feel than standard TOM bridge.

Anyway..congrats I hope to have one someday!

• Members
Sweet fiddle!

And I must be in the minority I love the FLoyd on that. Of course, I am an Alex Lifeson fan. I am also a a Neal Schon fan- he uses a LP/Floyd too. For me it's about more than just a wang bar. Once it's dialed in, the tuning stability is superior. I also like the large flat platform for my palm, it's a very different feel than standard TOM bridge.

Anyway..congrats I hope to have one someday!

Thank you. Some of my favorite players the last 30 years have used Floyds. Satriani,

Petrucci, (when he had an Ibanez endorsment), Vai, to name a few. I started playing

in 64 after watching the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show and Floyds were a good 20 years away at that time. I was weened on a 57 goldtop and my SGs, (one of which has a Maestro trem arm), and when I finally got my first Floyd on a early 80s Roadstar Ibby, I was amazed at how much it opened up the instrument for me. I understand the sentiment some have concerning Floyds, especially on LPs, it's just that I was always told that if you do not have something good to say, to not say it at all. I'm starting to remember why I quit posting here a few years ago.. Thanks again, especially for not trashing the Floyd on a guitar that cost quite a bit I'm sure Alex would agree.

Cheers, J

Archived