VOM1T Anew

garthman

• Members

Nothing from me again this time around.

garthman - Well done. Trying to recall what 12-string you play.

Pine Apple Slim - Nice job with much better picking than I can do. That little Gretsch sounds better than it has any right to. It fits the song.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Great job, everyone. I really enjoyed listening to everybody's songs in here.

I'm interested in doing this next round. When will that be? Also, what's the idea behind this? Do people prefer originals, covers, something old, something just learned/written? I want to be in the spirit of the event and do it right!

• Members
Great job, everyone. I really enjoyed listening to everybody's songs in here.

I'm interested in doing this next round. When will that be? Also, what's the idea behind this? Do people prefer originals, covers, something old, something just learned/written? I want to be in the spirit of the event and do it right!

Hello & Welcome

VOM1T is an acronym for "Virtual Open Mic 1 Take" and the original aim was to get as close as you could to an open mic session. It's changed quite a bit over the years and more or less anything goes now.

The VOM was traditionally held on the 2nd Sunday of the month and lasted 24 hours but in recent times it has drifted to cover most of the weekend.

The next one will be on the weekend of 7th / 8th February - I will open a thread to start the VOM probably sometime on the Saturday..

We look forward to your contribution.

• Members

I never paid attention to when it comes around. I mean, I never associated it with calendar. It's always been announced and I react or don't react.

"Squirrel!"

So, next weekend kicks off another round. What number is this one, anyway? Are we tallying them anymore?

• Members
I never paid attention to when it comes around. I mean, I never associated it with calendar. It's always been announced and I react or don't react.

"Squirrel!"

So, next weekend kicks off another round. What number is this one, anyway? Are we tallying them anymore?

I'm not counting. In fact I just stepped in when Michael Martin disappeared. But I think the VOM is a most valuable part of HCAG so it's worth persevering.

Red or Grey?

• Members
Hai. I'm new here.

Actually, I'm not but I'm technically challenged and the technology may have passed me by. Does this link work?

https://app.box.com/s/nie2slssi0xbithk61u8b2wd8y79lc36

Very nice, Kwak. I've always admired your fingerstyle playing as well as your voice.

There's a guy that I jam with that does an impeccable James Taylor. Close your eyes and you'd swear he was in the room, that's how close he comes. However, he's not much of a "jammer" because he ends up playing stuff that is best done solo. Great to listen to, but not very inclusive.

Can't wait to hear your next VOM submission. Brings back memories.

Archived