Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great-Grandpa Today!!!

This morning at 4:48am, my grand-daughter by my oldest son, gave birth to a healthy 8 pound - 2 ounce baby girl, Alicia Dawn. My son said she came into the world kicking and screaming. Mother and child are doing very well.

In honor of the occasion, I think I'll slip away to the den/music room/mancave tonight, pop the bottle of Martell Cordon Bleu that's been in there for awhile, light up the Meerschaum pipe, sit back in the recliner, and spend the evening with some nice Charlie Parker and John Coltrane.

Life is good.
    Jack1969 Martin D12-20 12-string1984 Martin HD-28

Congratulations, Jack. Nothing like being a Great-Grandpa. My daughter had four boys and my son had two boys and one daughter.......I'm a great -grandpa several times over. Welcome to my world.
    Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 YamahaA fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox "Big Ben" wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.

Comment

Congratulations, kiowa1 .

Great news.

Hope that mother and daughter continue doing well, and best wishes to everyone in the family.

Comment

Very cool ...
        "Plunk your Magic Twanger, Froggy". Andy Devine

Comment

Congratulations!
          God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

If you think that mentioning it was your oldest son's daughter makes you a little younger, your wrong .... just kidding, congrats ... perhaps this will inspire a new composition.
            Bob.
            Martin HD35 | Gibson J45tv | Taylor DN3 | Guild GAD25 | Taylor Baby | Yamaha FG413SBD | Yamaha FG200

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by acousticdepot
              View Post

If you think that mentioning it was your oldest son's daughter makes you a little younger, your wrong .... just kidding, congrats ... perhaps this will inspire a new composition.

I'll take 66 years old. Better than dying. It did, just for a brief moment, make me feel older than dirt. Thanks everyone for the good words. I feel pretty good today! When I tear into that cognac tonight, I'm going to feel a lot better!

Comment

Glad to hear it !!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats on being a great grandfather Jack !!!

No further comment on that subject from me, as I generally avoid conversations that give too many clues about my age .......

Paul

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by OldTwelver
                    View Post

No further comment on that subject from me, as I generally avoid conversations that give too many clues about my age .......

Paul

Are you one of us that have rocks out in the garden younger than we are?

Comment

Congratulations. Happy NGD (New Great-Grandkid Day).
                      Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                      Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                      Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                      Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Congratulations.
                        Howard

Comment

Cool
                          "HAVE FUN, TRY NOT TO HURT ANYONE AND EAT PLENTY OF GREENS"

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by OldTwelver
                            View Post

No further comment on that subject from me, as I generally avoid conversations that give too many clues about my age .......Paul

That train departed from the station a couple of months ago, Paul.
                            Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 YamahaA fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox "Big Ben" wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.

Comment

Let's face it, we're all old farts and we dress funny. But if you put us all together, I'll bet you'd get a pretty wild jam session, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X