Over Priced Project of the Day

gardo

• Members
Yeah - that person is a dreamer. Several amateur mods, currently in pieces, and their word that it's an awesome player.

This is $1K max, agreed.

The guy would be wise to take the first $500 offer he sees. Original pups are remotely interesting. Maybe the neck has some value.

• Members

"I wanted to get the guitar back to the original finish. I talked to a guitar shop and they wanted a pretty good

amount to do it a couple hundred."

A guitar so valuable you didn't think it was worth spending $200 for a pro refinish? Oh the irony

• Members

without original finish and not assembled with all original parts the guitar is not worth any vintage amount of money...

that said as a 1974 born i always wanted to have a birth year strat.

i personally wouldn't pay more than $2000 for a fine prestine '74 all orginal strat, which could show some play wear.

when they started asking way much more for less than playable guitars i stopped searching for one....

The seller's dreaming if they honestly think that guitar is worth four grand. I was laughing at the comments they put into the listing about people giving him/her a hard time... you think? Of course you're going to get a hard time from people if you list a pile of parts from 1974 for that much money! :lol::facepalm:

If he wants maximum bucks, he should part it out. Even then, there's no way he'll get anywhere near four grand for them.

Archived