Blues and green should ne'er be seen

Chordite

• Members

As an artist (painting) one of the base rules is that you never use plain green from the tube because it is overpowering. Nature is far more subtle, seldom an in your face green (edited for clarity).

I also think that is something equally true of plain green guitars.

Nothing says "1950's kitchen unit" like a green Fender

Who could love this?

2358644573_f28335af23.jpg

Image credithttp://www.strat-talk.com/forum/stratocaster-discussion-forum/154989-surf-green-how-really-looks-like.html

• Members

Ummmm, who taught you art??

They lied.

Without giving away personals, one of the most famous art schools in the world.

at risk getting off topic go to these paintings which 'appears' to have a lot of greenstuff

Salisbury_Cathedral_from_the_Bishop_Grounds_c.1825.jpg

Or this one:-

http://www.book530.com/paintingpic/0...lip_Wilson.jpg

Copy it into a graphics package and use the color dropper to see what color the bits you 'think' are green actually are.

You might be surprised. In the Constable even the grass in front of the cathederal has no green:)

C.

• Members

Well, to teach that one should not use one portion of the color spectrum is absurd. No disrespect.

5855567508_96fdc23350_m.jpg

Awesome sauce.

I will follow up on the teachings that this prestigious institution of culture and learning provided you. The very last rule of art, once you know all of the other rules, is that there are no rules.

• Members

That is a common cliché but there are always rules.

Try a band where there are no rules on timing or being in tune with each other. You might question what point it stops being music as we know it, Jim

The idea with green is that you generally don't slap on tube green without a good reason (eg you want gaudy) but that you "arrive" at green from other directions like the eye does as I hope I demonstrated with the paintings.

(check out Edwin Land for the huge difference between the way the human eye/ brain sees computes color and the simple camera )

I like you Floyd and I'm not looking for an argument fella. So I will agree to differ on painting theory and get back to guitars

• Members

Just discussion, no aguing. I hear you about not using pure tube colors, but rather to mix in some of the influence from the colors around for example. That can generally be applied to any color though, mixing them is too much fun anyway.

I hear things and I want to know if i need to revamp my world view or not. Also, part of my job in life is to tear down fences. People love to try to limit our experience of life by constructing conceptual boundaries. Sometimes we just repeat this stuff without even realizing that we are doing it.

Go to school, get a job, buy a house, have kids, get debt up to your eyeballs, live for the pie in the sky, not for today, ect, etc.

Take the minor scale for example. Folks will solo in that and call it a "mistake" if they hit a note outside of it. But actually we become more expressive as guitarists when we learn to bend the lines, or scales. To work the outside of the scale.

It is good to learn the rules, agreed, but it is also good to be free enough to break them.

Wonder if your school would tell George Inness to not use green?

I'd love to hear that conversation. :)

I would never buy a green guitar by the way.

yuck.

But do love absurd stuff like this,

-144613212223127682.jpg

Different stokes and all.

• Members

Posted fine well done!

Lot's going on, quilted look, some depth to fall in to, not just a slab of dull pea green like the OP. Nice enough, I def don't hate it.

On the other hand the same pattern in aqua blue or would appeal more and look less like rippling seaweed (though that might be the organic look you want of course, depending on the band. I couldn't see Keef stepping out with it though.)

• Members
. . . Nothing says "1950's kitchen unit" like a green Fender

Who could love this?

Image credithttp://www.strat-talk.com/forum/stra...ooks-like.html

I don't care for the green and, worse, the pickguard is the same color as the one I just took off my Fernandes.

This isn't "tube" green...but....would like your assessment on it's green:

P1030622_zpsb7cc5851.jpg

(also seeing if I can post a pic :)

I like that green but then it's not the same as the first green, is it?

• Members
As an artist (painting) one of the base rules is that you never use plain green from the tube because it is overpowering. Nature is far more subtle' date=' seldom an in your face green ([i']edited for clarity[/i]).

Who could love this?

Image credithttp://www.strat-talk.com/forum/stratocaster-discussion-forum/154989-surf-green-how-really-looks-like.html

Not only could I, I most certainly would. That guitar is delicious, not so much for the PRS or the Tele though. And yeah, I dig green, it's organic after all.

As an artist (painting) one of the base rules is that you never use plain green from the tube because it is overpowering. Nature is far more subtle' date=' seldom an in your face green ([i']edited for clarity[/i]).

Who could love this?

Me.

I'm absolutely crazy about Seafoam Green. philthumb

• Members
Imagine how cool you could be paying that green Tele in this modern kitchen

0e040ff133228a14d1791e351547bfc4.jpg

You do realize that the contemporary kitchen is every bit as time-stamped as this mid-century model. Do you really think 60 years from now people will be clamoring for stainless steel appliances, quartz countertops, and farmhouse sinks? Plus, when these kitchens were made we did not have such a high obesity rate in the U.S., so those kitchens could not have been all bad ...

Archived