Worst halftime show I've seen...

steve_man

• Members

Wow...that was painful to watch. The Who just didn't seem in sync at all tonight. There were times that Townshend didn't even look like he was playing...his guitar was hitting chords...but his hand was in the air...

None of it seemed to flow, felt very disjointed. Townshend especially spent way too much time doing the "windmill" and dancing around. Just ended up looking goofy, IMO.

I was just shocked...thought they would put on a better show than that...:idk:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't think it was to bad. Nothing exciting ever happens on the half time show. Even Janet Jackson's boob was a huge flop (pun intended). I can't really remember a half time show that was spectacular. I kind of dug Kid Rock for some reason a couple years ago but even that wasn't all that great.

• Members

I... Felt the same way. It was depressing. But I didn't want to say it in any of the threads so far because everyone was happy with it, and I didn't want to be devil's advocate. Playing devil's advocate on HCEG is generally a bad idea, it seems. It's asking for a grumpy old lynch mob.

• Members

It was disappointing. Daughtry sounded like {censored}. How about getting Eric Clapton or the Allman Bros or Govt Mule to do the halftime show? Or even Rush??

what I don't understand is the superbowl is supposed to be an American staple and tradition, yet they had a British band playing in it. :confused:

• Members

I was eating at a new Mickey D's when half time came on.

They had it on a plasma TV on the wall with the volume muted.

Really thought the show looked spectacular as the light effects were great.

I think I liked it better that way.

Hearing Roger Daltry sing these days isn't something I look forward to.

And just to think he brought his solo tour to my town a couple months back.

Couldn't imagine sitting through that.

• Members

I... Felt the same way. It was depressing. But I didn't want to say it in any of the threads so far because everyone was happy with it, and I didn't want to be devil's advocate. Playing devil's advocate on HCEG is generally a bad idea, it seems. It's asking for a grumpy old lynch mob.

If everyone was happy with it in the other threads, then how would you be playing devil's advocate by saying you didn't like it when you in fact did not like it?

• Members

If everyone was happy with it in the other threads, then how would you be playing devil's advocate by saying you didn't like it when you in fact did not like it?

Having a different, negative, opinion and publicly posing it somewhere that everyone else has the same, positive, opinion. While I think it's just posting my feelings about something, many here feel it's playing devil's advocate and looking to make trouble, and it rarely goes over well.

• Members

It was disappointing. Daughtry sounded like {censored}. How about getting Eric Clapton or the Allman Bros or Govt Mule to do the halftime show? Or even Rush??

Clapton, Allman Bros, Govt Mule, and Rush don't have their old-ass songs thumped weekly by an extremely popular, insanely predictable crime show.

• Members

I realize the halftime show used to be super flamboyant parades and all kinds of nonsense, that said, the thing they've done in the last few years of just putting on geriatric band after geriatric band -- I don't get that either. how about no flamboyant parades OR old people? no boy bands either. how about just some regular music? someone current and relevant and good, and with a broad appeal.

Archived