Worst halftime show I've seen...

steve_man

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe this {censored}. I cranked the stereo way the {censored} up and it sounded ungodly great! They rocked the hell out of Miami no matter how old they are. Where were you guys? Getting more halftime refreshments? Geeze........... :cop:

• Members
I can't believe this {censored}. I cranked the stereo way the {censored} up and it sounded ungodly great! They rocked the hell out of Miami no matter how old they are. Where were you guys? Getting more halftime refreshments? Geeze...........
:cop:

I just wanted to hear Pete's signature bright crunchy tones, but they were totally missing.

• Members

wow... a thread with half arsed musicians ragging on real musicians who had a real gig in front of tonnes of people.... there's a harmony central first

Haha. Oh, get yourself {censored}ed.

What makes them "real musicians" anymore, and what makes a "real gig" or the size of an audience important? If they put Lil Wayne on that same stage, would that make him a "real musician" playing a "real gig?"

People have opinions. Get over it.

• Members

wow... a thread with half arsed musicians ragging on real musicians who had a real gig in front of tonnes of people.... there's a harmony central first

Yep, that about sums it up. Some of you MIGHT be worthy of being Pete Townshend's foot rest.

Oh yeah, and Zak Starkey rules.

• Members

I liked it. Townsend's screw up on the harmonies was proof positive that they didn't lip-sync, but I wouldn't be shocked if some select elements were canned. Daltry didn't do too bad for an old guy singing the same stuff he sang 40 years ago. Some alert viewers noted that PT's movements weren't perfectly in sync, but there were two guitars on stage. PT's guitar work was much more sophisticated than the original recordings and the light show was ridiculously cool!

Everyone's whining about them being another "geriatric" band, but who would you rather see? Daughtry? Gimme a freakin' break. I'll take a legend any day.

D

• Members

Haha. Oh, get yourself {censored}ed.

What makes them "real musicians" anymore, and what makes a "real gig" or the size of an audience important? If they put Lil Wayne on that same stage, would that make him a "real musician" playing a "real gig?"

People have opinions. Get over it.

So, be thankful it wasn't Li'l Wayne up there.

• Members

It was ok. The stage was, in fact, extremely cool. Pete played ok, but could barely sing, and Roger sang alright considering he's 65. And it did seem like there was too much sequencing and not enough actual instrument playing.

When I heard the announcement about The Who playing the Superbowl Halftime Show, I really wondered how that decision got made. I would have gone with something more middle-America like Chicago, Huey Louis, or John Mellencamp. Still, even those are old acts.

Isn't there anyone young who can draw a crowd without Autotuned vocals or being too obscene for a halftime show?

• Members

The more of a professional working musician you are the less critical you are of fellow musicians. This reminds me of what I'll be hearing all day at the office tomorrow from those who have never even played college football but would have made better coaching decisions than those with a lifetime of experience in the sport. In both music and sports, those who can't do are the expert critics.

• Members

All you little {censored}s need to wait 40 years and then post again in this thread.

No one's insulting them for their age, at least no one reasonable. But hiring a band who isn't playing as well as they should, and takes a number of outside measures to make them SEEM like they're playing decently is just silly. Why not find a band that IS playing well, and fairly popular? The Who aren't exactly at the highest point of their popularity. They're recognizable, and people know them, but to dig them up just for this show is a little pointless. Everyone knows at least one Kings of Leon song, for example, or any other random band that's had a couple of their songs sampled in a commercial, is recognizable upon hearing, and is both socially acceptable (won't require editing, won't piss off any particular audience) and still playing well. Why use a band that's struggling to keep up?

• Members

Well, the Who are a terrible terrible band, what did you expect?

You lose all artistic credibility when you sell you're generic douche bag music for a commercial.

{censored} the Who.

??? Umm, no, nobody could touch The Who in their prime. One of the greatest ever. I didn't even watch tonight (watched the game, not halftime - I have now watched it on youtube and it wasn't bad all, Townsend's singing wasn't great), after Enwhistle died though, I've lost interest in them. And I keep reading "the drummer" - that is Zack Starky, Ringo Star's son and he is a beast of the drummer and has been in The Who for many years.

And fail on the artistic credibility thing? WTF is that? So if an artist sells their work to make a living, they lose credibility? So Michael Angelo loses credibility because he took commissions to do work or Da Vinci? Dumbest comment EVER. You probably download and steal music because you don't think an artist deserves to make a living. A typical teenage, not knowing how the real world works comment. Go find and read the lyrics to the Tool song Hooker with a Penis, it will tell you how it is... Here it is for you http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/2503/

Archived