Worst halftime show I've seen...

steve_man

• Members

lol...I bet half the kids in the crowd asked themselves why they were playing the theme to csi.
:)

That's what my parents said. They know The Who, but they said "this is the theme from CSI, the one on Tuesdays," and during the second song they said "this is the one on Wednesdays... I bet they'll play the one from Thursdays next," and they did.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My first impression was that Entwhisle was missed, Daltrey sounded off, and who is this drummer that they are keeping the camera on. But after the first song or two, I asked myself the same thing. Pete did have a few good licks thought.

CBS, CSI...no wonder The Who played those songs.

• Members

it's disappointing to see so many musicians say they sucked. like I said on another thread, The Who was never known to be a technical band like say....dream theater or someone like that. Nor do they have vocals like pavarotti. They're a raw rock n roll band.

Maybe modern music is so bad that everyone, including musicians, have gotten conditioned to lip syncing and auto tune and have forgotten what real rock performances are like. Granted, this was not even close to their best performance but remember they're old as hell! Give them a break! I wonder if when you guys are all 172 years old you'll be up there rocking the stage like these guys!

• Members

Was not impressed with the show at all. The Who was never my favorite band, and I was around in the 60's, but tonight they just really sucked. I did notice that when the scream from Won't Get Fooled Again was played, they didn't show Roger....Maybe it was a dubbed scream that he just couldn't pull off anymore.

• Members

Was not impressed with the show at all. The Who was never my favorite band, and I was around in the 60's, but tonight they just really sucked. I did notice that when the scream from Won't Get Fooled Again was played, they didn't show Roger....Maybe it was a dubbed scream that he just couldn't pull off anymore.

of course he can't pull that scream off anymore. What I heard was a bunch of delay and effects making it sound {censored}ing huge!!!! It worked!

• Members

of course he can't pull that scream off anymore. What I heard was a bunch of delay and effects making it sound {censored}ing huge!!!! It worked!

Yeah, my guess was delay and effects on top of a live vocal. Could have been completely canned, but I don't think that's what they did.

Archived