Worst halftime show I've seen...

steve_man

• Members

It's {censored}ing rock and roll....if you can't grasp that then maybe you all should all be over in the sampling, vococder, pitch corrector forum. :mad:

I've seen clips of a lot of people here play and to be quite honest on your best day you couldn't hold a candle to this performance (which wasn't their best ever). To come on here and just rip it apart as though any of us could do better is pretty sad.

It was in a frickin stadium and those guys are old; if you expect them to be the same as Isle of Wright then you are kidding yourself. But for what it was it was a hell of a lot better than any half time show I can remember. Roger's voice isn't what it was, but he pulled it off and Pete looked like he had a blast.

And yeah, they are missing the one of hte best bassists in the world and definitely the best Keith Moon type drummer that's ever walked the earth. To expect them to sound like it's 1975 is just ridiculous. The Who has always been about the sum of 4 incredible forces of nature. For being at 50% capacity and add the age factor it was a great performance.

I only wish that I could suck as bad as they did last night. Maybe it's the high standard they set in the past, but for a live show at half time of a game it's not anywhere as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

He should have smashed his guitar even as cliche and overdone as it is. :lol:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Believe it or not I actually like some bands to play a little sloppy it adds to their sound.

like I've said before, if Page had played with the precision of a classical guitar master, zep would never have been what they were. And can you imagine the Ramones with Yngwie on guitar? :eek:

A little slop with bands like zep and the who and the stones, etc... is perfectly fine. As long as they don't play the wrong chords and forget the arrangements and {censored}, it's all good (with a few exceptions of course...page had some hideously bad live moments that were excessively sloppy)

• Members

looking at the performers from the last 5 or so years..

-the who

-bruce springsteen

-prince

-tom petty

-paul mccartney.

all big acts, but not relevant much at all now. it's very safe and conservative isn't it.

edit:..i didn't think the who were too bad..they are old now and you can't really expect them to be as good as they once were. good stage though.

• Members

Playing the halftime show slot has got to be one of the most pressurized, hyper-produced events in the world. They have x amount of time to load in an entire stage & lighting rig, get the sound up, come on & play a miniaturized medley, load out everything in time for the next commercial. It's the most "unmusical" environment a musician could possibly put in the middle of.

That being said, they did pretty good. I enjoyed it. And that is all that really matters. At least in MY living room....:poke:

Funny, the CBS/CSI product tie ins...;)

• Members

Worst halftime show I've seen...

I call bull{censored}. I mean, look at this list and tell me the who were worse than:

XXIV 2000 Georgia Dome,

Atlanta Disney Phil Collins, Joe, Enrique Iglesias, Babyface, 80-person choir, Edward James Olmos (narrator) Tapestry of Nations

XXV 1991 Tampa Stadium,

Tampa Disney New Kids on the Block, Disney characters, Warren Moon, 2,000 local children, audience card stunt Small World Tribute to 25 Years of the Super Bowl (broadcast delayed by coverage of Operation Desert Storm)

And these are just two of the atrocities that have been perpetrated on the football-watching public by the NFL.

Anyway - who gives a flying {censored}. The World Cup is more important to way more people (and watched by way more people) than the provincial nonsense called the "super bowl" anyway...

• Members

your comparing an event that envolves the entire world to a game that involves only the U.S., that, in itself, says a bunch.

I just get sick of hearing that the super bowl is "the biggest" or "the most watched" sporting event in the world when that is a patent bunch of nonsense.

BTW - congrats on the NO win. Pretty much everybody I know was pulling for 'dem Saints!

• Members

No. Robert Goulet next year.

Believe it or not, if it were Tony Bennett then I would enjoy that. This guy is in his 80s and he can sing. Good ole' gumba (Anthony Dominick Benedetto).
:thu:

From Wiki:

Robert Gerard Goulet (November 26, 1933

• Members

Oh, I'm sorry. You're absolutely right. Let's get some sullen, indie snore of a musical act to play. All the mac-toting, latte-sipping bloggers will be so happy...oh, except they don't watch the capitalistic American sport called "football."

Have you been snorting the Palin powder??? :poke:

Archived