Fender employees busted for pawning stolen guitars

noisebloom

• Members

Yeah total f%^&ing idiots for taking them to the same pawn shop over and over. Fender didnt notice they were gone and didnt report the serial numbers to the cops? Why didn't the guitars come up as stolen? If the theif had taken each one to a different shop he might have gotten away with it.

Maybe Fender will hire a security gaurd and/or install cameras in their wharehouse now. Unfortunately I dont think the pawnshop owner can get his money back.

• Members

SOME thieves......you never hear about the ones that don't get caught.

True. This is an instance of what's called the Unperceived Hairpiece Effect.

"You can always tell if a guy's wearing a wig. Always."

"But if you couldn't tell, you wouldn't know you couldn't tell."

"No - you can always tell."

"What I'm saying is, although you know when you know, you're unlikely to know when you don't know so..."

"Seriously. You can tell. Every time. Believe me, I know."

"....okay."

• Members

Hmmm... High end guitars that aren't available in stores yet and you're pawning them off next to the factory for $600?

I wonder where they could possibly be coming from.

So many things wrong with that story.

• Members

True. This is an instance of what's called the Unperceived Hairpiece Effect.

"You can
always
tell if a guy's wearing a wig.
Always
."

"But if you couldn't tell, you wouldn't know you couldn't tell."

"No - you can
always
tell."

"What I'm saying is, although you know when you know, you're unlikely to know when you don't know so..."

"Seriously. You
can
tell. Every time. Believe me, I know."

"....okay."

I understood what you said, but my head still hurts.

• Members

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that they have cameras that record footage and security guards.

There are several ways one could steal guitars from Fender.

Obviously they have issues and they will look over their security protocols but this is obviously way less than like 0.01% of their production guys... and it's been too soon for an accountant to have possibly caught it, Angry Tele... they aren't even in stores yet. If they haven't shipped, how could an accounting issue have popped up yet?

:idk:

• Members

Yeah total f%^&ing idiots for taking them to the same pawn shop over and over. Fender didnt notice they were gone and didnt report the serial numbers to the cops? Why didn't the guitars come up as stolen? If the theif had taken each one to a different shop he might have gotten away with it.

Maybe Fender will hire a security gaurd and/or install cameras in their wharehouse now. Unfortunately I dont think the pawnshop owner can get his money back.

Fender is huge- tons of room for things to slip through.

Archived