Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talking Guitars-what's the most blasphemous mod you can thing of?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

335 with a Floyd.
    Great deals w/ placebo62, candletears7

Originally Posted by EL KABONG

just cause Aussies cant have guns (=no freedom) doesnt mean other people cant have them either.

Originally Posted by Naterel

Those meatballs came out right

But that rocket ship is ****************ed up

Comment

the most blasphemous mod i can think of . would be fitting "the" white hendrix woodstock strat with humbuckers and spraying it red.
      Consternoon Aftable

Comment

It all depends on how you view a guitar. If it is a tool to make music then what ever modifications you need to get the job done are perfectly fine. If you for whatever reason believe a guitar is an investment like gold or silver anything you do to that guitar that changes it from the way it left the factory is unacceptable.
        Theres only two kinds of music HEAVY and METAL!!!!!

Comment

Charlie Christian pickup set in an RG550 or this:

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by arrowhen
            View Post

The only blasphemous thing you can do to a guitar is not play it.

This

And that nascar idiot who after winning a race and being presented with a handmade Gibson guitar showed is appreciation by smashing it.

Comment

Almost everything I have done to my Tele. Bridge humbucker, middle pickup and a Bigsby
              Good dealings with ~dcindc x2~alleytrash~ashasha~jjegg~Yavin

Comment

I know a guy who back in the 70's routed out a '62 strat for humbuckers.

I did that with my 68 Strat. That's pretty much what you had to do back then if you wanted a decent whammy and humbuckers.

Comment

Wow...I just threw up in my mouth.

Comment

• AJ6stringsting
                    AJ6stringsting commented
                    Editing a comment

bjcarl wrote:
                    Wow...I just threw up in my mouth.

I just threw up out of my turd whistle and crapped out of my mouth over that one !!!! ..... God, this makes me want to go open a up a can of smashed arse holes .....

A guitar is a tool for making music. Any modification that someone does to their instrument that makes it more suited to that task (for them!) is an improvement; I might not think it would be an improvement for me, but if it's not my guitar, it's not my problem. Purely cosmetic modifications seem a little silly to me, like painting a crescent wrench or something, but who am I to complain about the color of someone else's crescent wrench?

The only blasphemous thing you can do to a guitar is not play it.

Totally agree with this.

Comment

I think a humbucker-sized pickup at any position on a stratocaster is just plain wrong on several levels

Yeah, that young whipper snapper "Eddy Ven Hailan" or what ever his name is was way off his rocker huh.

Welcome to 1978

Mesa Boogie MK III
                    Marshall DSL 50
                    JCA 20H
                    ADA MP-1

Kramer Stagemaster
                    Gibson Les Paul Studio Premium Plus
                    Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony
                    Fender HM Strat
                    Paul Reed Smith SE Custom

Comment

They aren't ancient holy artifacts or anything so I don't think there's really any such thing as a blasphemous mod to a guitar. Unless there was something special about the guitar like it belonged to Jimi Hendrix or Chet Atkins or something.
                      You're welcome here if you're of the spirit to make a sound.

Comment

putting emgs in a strat. oh wait, nevermind.
                        strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

In the mid 70's I modded a Gibson Les Paul "Black Beauty" to shoot sparks and smoke just like Ace Frehley's. Let me tell you... It messed up the guitar

Then there is this:

In the mid 70's I modded not one but two Gibson Les Paul's because I read that John McLaughlin played a scalloped fingerboard so I went at a 1975 Les Paul Artisan with a dremel tool and really messed up the neck. Since I was unhappy with the outcome after a few months I decided to do the same thing to a 1973 Les Paul Recording model that I picked up at a Pawn Shop...

Young and dumb comes to mind now but back in those days these guitars were cheap!
                          GuitarHeads: http://www.guitarheads.orgSome of My Music: Scott Abene - Reverb Nation"Ich bin Jung und brauche das Geld"-Eko Fresh

Comment

Also know of a 60's Les Paul Custom with a Kahler.

Any Les Paul routed for a Kahler!

Good transactions with pedalboard, TheSkyIsCrying!, LionHeaRT07, hottub, jackpotjewell, GibsonVMan, J Kylez, sublimeride, sxyryan, RoadRanger, joelbah, flummox, metal0822, old_metal_head, ko stradivarius, lovellintn, Geeter

11 Gibson Les Paul Standard Traditional Plus
                            80 Gibson Les Paul Standard (Wine Red/ nickel)
                            12 Takamine EF341SC

Comment

Ask Bbreaker...back then, they didn't know what they had We have an awesome vintage shop here in Northern VA where I've actually seen a '59 Junior routed out and fitted with a Dimarzio super distortion ;(

In the late '70s, when I first started playing, I had an SG Junior (don't know the year) that had a P90. I removed it and routed the body for a Dimarzio super distortion.

The guitar was later stolen, so maybe that was a dope slap from karma.
                              Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

Working...
                              X