READ THE RULES OR GET BANNED - Weekly spam thread 11-12-12

Phil O'Keefe

Welcome to the spam thread. wave.gif

Please read this first BEFORE posting! FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE RULES WILL RESULT IN A TEMP BAN. cop.gif

The Rules:

I'll try to close the previous week's spam thread sometime each Sunday evening / early Monday morning. At that time, the previous week's spam thread will be unstuck and locked. Everyone will be able to still read it as it drops off page one, but it won't be "bump-able".

One post per person, per weekly spam thread.

If the details have changed - for example, a item or two on your list has sold, you've lowered your asking price, or you no longer are looking for a new XYZ Toobyeller cheep - EDIT your original post.

ANY and all exceptions to the one post, per person per weekly spam thread rule need to be approved by me PRIOR to the second post.

This thread is for "want to buy", "want to sell" and "want to trade" posts ONLY. If you have a question about an item that's listed, please contact the seller via PM or email - don't ask questions in the thread.

New pedal announcements from builders go in here too. The "one per week" rule applies. No discussion or questions about announcements in here. If someone unaffiliated with the builder wants to start a separate thread asking about it, that's fine, and the builder can respond - but we're getting way too many builder started "announcement" threads lately, so we're going to try this for a while instead.

If you have questions regarding a certain pedal brand / type, or its suitability for various purposes / tasks, please do a search or start a new thread for that discussion.

If a seller is asking too much (in your opinion), don't slam them for it in the thread. Yes, it might be helpful to some buyers, but OTOH, buyers should take the time to research anything they're considering buying...

HC does not have any involvement in sales between private parties, or members and builders, and this ongoing weekly thread is posted as a public service - as always, caveat emptor et venditor!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Rockbox Boiling Point $250
Super swirly Boiling Point. Box, paperwork, sexy velvet bag. No velcro, slight wear to the white line markings on the knobs, replaced washer on footswitch (i can put the ugly white one back if you'd prefer!)

newBoilingPoint.jpg

Catalinbread Valcoder $100
Percussion Tremolo based off old Valco circuits. Discontinued, awesome and used (see paint wear, etc). No Velcro, box nor assorted goodies.

newValcoder.jpg

Prices are PP'd and shipped CONUS only. No trades unless you've got a Bogner Ecstacy Blue or a Macbook

• Members
FS: Custom Pine Relic Jazzmaster - SOLD

This one almost hurts a bit. It's been my main guitar for the better part of the past year, and it's phenomenal - beats the hell out of the Japanese RI Fender Jazzmaster I owned last year.

Long story short, the tone pot stopped working a few days ago on it, and, since then, I've gone back to using my custom Esquire and realized that, despite my best efforts to be Nels Cline, I'm just not a JM guy. So, here's a custom Jazzmaster with some pretty cool specs:

- Custom Pine Body in Vintage White Nitro with some mild relicing and checking. I don't know much about pine, but I will say that this thing is physically lighter, but tonally warmer and more "rich" than the Japanese RI that I mentioned above. There is very little "ping" and harshness to this body, but a rather mellow, even, sweet and sustaining quality across the spectrum. Very cool.

- Mastery Bridge. Excellent sustain, perfect intonation, rock solid.

- FAT neck. I think the previous owner (who assembled the guitar) said it was a Warmoth full "C" shape, and, frankly, it's huge and awesome. Bigger and rounder than the 1" Boatneck on my Esquire, but somehow just as (if not more) comfortable. It's finished in extremely thin, vintage-tinted nitro and feels fantastic. No stickiness. No logo. The frets are a thin, tall vintage wire and have absolutely no wear.

- Lollar JM pickups that sound amazing. They're extremely fat, warm, and clear, again a striking difference from the shrill sounds that I encountered with the Fender RI. Again, the tone pot doesn't work (it seems to be stuck on "0", even when turned up), but that's an extremely quick, cheap, and easy fix for someone who knows what they're doing).

-Warmoth Trem Assembly. Works smoothly and has never given me problems. The nutwork on this thing is immaculate and cut for 11s, so I've never had tuning issues, despite frequent and heavy trem usage.

JMBodyLeft.jpg

JMBodyRight.jpg

JMHeadstock.jpg

• Members

This is a 1979 Kramer with an aluminum reinforced neck. Ebonol (ebony synthetic) fingerboard with original Kramer designed single coil pickups. This guitar is missing the original volume and tone knobs but one of them has been replaced with a standard speed knob (the picture is from before I lost the volume knob, both pots work fine). There is also a small hole in the pickguard where someone added an out of phase switch but it has since been reverted to original specs. These guitars are getting harder and harder to find, especially with the Kramer designed pickups. You can read more about this series of guitars here: http://www.vintagekramer.com/alum.htm

I had this guitar set up and appraised at Sam Ash Music in King of Prussia and it plays wonderfully. It's been sitting in the OHSC for the past year as I don't play it much. This could be the answer to that Travis Bean or EGC you've been pining for! The case comes with the guitar as well as a nylon strap.

Please, email me with any further questions and offers. I'll gladly provide more detailed pictures should you require them. I'm hoping to move this guitar fast so please, don't hesitate to make a fair offer. The only trade I would accept would be an American Fender Stratocaster or Telecaster. I'd like sell it for $700 +actual shipping. Let me know if you want to negotiate.

Kramer1979013.jpg
Kramer1979008.jpg
Kramer1979014.jpg
Kramer1979010.jpg

• Members

For Sale is a ZVEX 1996 Spam Can Fuzz Factory-The Holy Grail of the Fuzz Factory! It is Super Rare! This rare ZVEX 1996 Spam Can Fuzz Factory was created by Zachary Vex with the first transistors he used when he invented the Fuzz Factory! Spam Can shaped transistors (Pictured) were the original sound of the Fuzz Factory. Highly sought after, Fuzz Factories with Spam Can transistors command prices ranging from $600 to $900. One just sold on Ebay on Oct. 16 for $609.99
Item Number 130781416411. This ZVEX 1996 Spam Can Fuzz Factory is in great condition and Sold AS IS.

The Spam Can Story!

Zachary Vex was about to make a Fuzz pedal that would change the world of music as it did so many different sounds. He selected the right transistors to use. He selected Spam Can shaped transistors. He bought hes Spam Can Transistors from a Surplus Electronic Store. When he went back to the Surplus Electronic Store to buy more Spam Can Transistors, the place had burnt down to the ground. He made about130 Fuzz Factories with Spam Can shaped transistors then went on to use a different shaped transistor. The rest is History!

On Ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271102411248...84.m1555.l2649

IMG_0620.jpg
IMG_0622.jpg
IMG_0625.jpg

• Members
257E4D71.jpg
fuji051.jpg
17B4DF82.jpg
58CC7FE9.jpg
7B0A8B92.jpg
1. V1 Musket fuzz - beautiful black rainbow finish, never been gigged, no velcro, box and papers $120 shipped and Paypal'd. Ships next day.

B2687D97.jpg
DSCF0047.jpg
8617653F.jpg
91934C16.jpg
2. Fulltone '70 fuzz - big-box version, no velcro, otherwise VG++, box and papers. Two intentionally mismatched high gain BC108C transistors. $115 shipped and Paypal'd. Ships next day.

Whatcha got that's good, HCFX?

I like fancy, hand-painted stuff.

Don't be hesitant to make offers or trades.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by FreekishBluesFX View Post
The freekish is going away for a long long time.
Good, it's about time.

Redbear MK60 - still has the original russian preamp and power amp tubes. I also have 5 new spare for the preamp. There is a crack in the plexiglass right next to the power switch. It is only cosmetic and doesn't hurt the function of the amp. Want a JCM800 and a Bassman but can only get one? Get this and have both. $450 shipped

2012-10-06_16-26-44_636.jpg

2012-10-06_16-27-11_194.jpg

DR Scientist The Elements - This is a feeler for my Elements that I just got. It sounds great but I'm not in an active band currently so I'm clearing out some stuff so I can get some home recording upgrades. This has no velcro and is in near mint condition Serial #8. $180 shipped or trade for a reverb (Ghost Echo or Supernatural maybe?) that works in my Soldano's effects loop. I'll have a pic shortly.

Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper V2 - #18 of 150. Comes with box and instructions. $275 shipped and paypal'd.

905_2963.jpg

Boss GX-700 and Roland GFC-50 - GFC not pictured. Can take some if you want. GX-700 comes with power supply. Input on rear of preamp doesn't work. Was like that when I bought it, I've used the front input with no problems. I've got a MIDI cable for the footswitch. Will split up if you want. Make offer.

Rocktron Velocity 250 - 250 watt poweramp that is very tube like. Can power up to 4 cabs at once. $235 shipped.

100_0493.jpg

Tap Tempo - $17 shipped or free with any other pedal.

2012-07-29_16-26-49_769.jpg

I run a small label / distro and just put this compilation out featuring 16 tracks of doom, grind, and ambient noise. Some forumite's bands are on here as well. Full color, shrink wrapped, and pro pressed. 100 copies.

IMG_0173.jpg

My band Grievances just did a split with Quiet Hands (poundcaketoredvelvet's band). 66 copies on a 3" mini cd with full color booklet inside a cd sized dvd case. 7 tracks: 3 from my band and 4 from Quiet Hands. $6 shipped for both the split and the compilation.

2012-06-06_07-31-02_931.jpg

You can stream both here: www.divinemotherrecordings.bandcamp.com

• Members

All prices are shipped & paypal'd. All pedals have velcro.

Catalinbread Montavillian (original version) with box, bag, sticker $130
Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone with power supply $100
EHX Freeze with box, power supply $85
Morley ABY $35
Morley PWV (power wah/volume) $35

WTB/WTTF a Tech 21 Vt Bass Deluxe. If you have one for sale, let me know!

• Members

Looking for a trade. I have a brand new* Mooer Trelicopter Tremelo. Want to trade for a different Mooer in like-new condition (Reecho, Ana Echo, or Black Secret). Ship via USPS Priority Mail with tracking #, delivery confirmation.

*(I tried it for 2 minutes, it's a nice tremelo but I need a hard chopper. It's not a hard chopper).

Archived